95 LS swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
See this is just my daily driver so for me for now im just going to the updated 2001 4L60E. Maybe later I might go to the 80 but I am just pulling a camper trailer for the most part.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
See this is just my daily driver so for me for now im just going to the updated 2001 4L60E. Maybe later I might go to the 80 but I am just pulling a camper trailer for the most part.
Just make sure you have a good tranny cooler if you don’t have a tow package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well a year after starting this thread I am finally doing the swap this weekend. I have the last of the minor odds and ends on the way but I am ready to yank out the gutless tbi finally. I will be posting pics as I go all weekend so you guys can see the progress.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So today was a long one got the old tbi out of the truck and got the new LS set in. I am using the ICT billit mounts so be warned you have to cut the raised part of the clam shell out. Also on the passenger side for my lm7 you have to trim the clamshell to clear the bolt hole where the factory ac hooks to even if you do no use it. I will be hooking up the trans and harness tomorrow but the biggest headache is out of the way.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after running into some issues getting the trans out yesterday I now have all the heavy lifting done so tonight will be spent wiring it up and hopefully driving it by this weekend. Will post and update tonight once I get done with the wiring

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lemme know if you run into any troubles with your wiring. Just recently did my 95 as well

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian I did run into issues tonight. I’m using the fitech ultimate ls kit which the injector harness is setup for an LS1 and the MAP sensor is an LS3 plug. Luckily I found adapters online to make it all work but it will be a few days before they are here. Not a big deal as I have enough to work on till then. I did get my dirty dingos r4 compressor mount on tonight and was super impressed with the fit and finish

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I got quite a bit done tonight. Got all the accessories on as well as the manifolds. Tomorrow will be doing all the lines. Be about Thursday when the electrical adapters get here.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my harness adapters in last night and got the fitech wiring on the top end of the motor done. Need to finish some plumbing and hook up the sensors for the gauges to work. Also need to start routing the wiring inside for the controller and to hook up the rest of the harness. Hoping to have it running by Sunday.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay so this weekend it was 2 steps back. Had to pull the trans back out as for some reason the torque converter was not seated all the way. It is back in now and we are moving back forward again. Tonight I am going to be working on hooking up the fuel lines and flaring the trans lines so I can put fluids in it. I still need to run the wiring for the fitech into the cab So I will be playing with the controller unit mounting to see what the best spot is for that. I also need to sort out the air cleaner situation. I may run int over to the passenger side via a cold air intake for now.