95 had no fuel changed fuse starts and runs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 95 ecsb 4x4 manual with a 305 TBI, last weekend I was driving it and it just shut off and wouldn't start, pulled the lid no fuel was coming out of the injectors, today I decided to pull my relay centre lid off and test fuses or Atleast make sense of it try everything before dropping the tank, well I found a fuse that has popped, it's a 20A fuse for ECM-B, now my question is why would this blow? And why did it kill my pump but everything else still worked? Trucks running now, haven't gone for a drive in case it decides to die again, anyone have any insight into this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My friend suggested that my fuel filter may be a bit full and I should change it, I have one here I think I will

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the fuse and where it goes, found it in my Haynes manual

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Check the wires at the injectors. Back in the day they would rub on the air cleaner spacer and short to ground blowing the fuse at the weirdest times. It took me a solid week to find it the first time.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

So this is what came out of the fuel filter, could my tank be on the way out? If so where can I get a new tank and are there any composite tanks available?

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
When did you change the filter last? I personally would replace it and check it in a few thousand miles. I don't see how this blows the fuse.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
That fuel filter looks normal for one that's been a on a while. Unless its something that happens over and over, not the best thing to do, but I've certainly done it numerous times in the past... just pop a 25 amp fuse in.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have never changed the filter, first time, I swapped in a wix, had the truck for a year now mind you i have only driven 5000 km in that time

I checked my wires on the injectors, look good not even touching anything

The fuel filter had a lot of crud come out so I'm going to assume it's very old, it's an AC Delco and the previous owner was a dealership kind of guy, said he didn't do to much maintenance himself usually took it in

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Also this what the fuse looked like after I removed it, pretty burnt looking, my guess 21 years old and being hot all the time