95 GMC SIERRA RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Got one question. The manual says 33 foot pounds for the fuel tank strap nuts. Seems like a lot of torque. Concerned that I will damage the tank if I torque those nuts that much. Is there suppose to be a piece of rubber between the straps and tank? My old 95 tank didn't have any rubber. The 98 tank didn't come with any rubber either. Need some help with this.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Add a chunk of rubber if your concerned, i'd have to have a look under the trucks, but they are both out in the rain atm lol.

I do recall there being rubber... can't hurt anyway, stop any chance of a rattle back there heh

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
I snugged the straps down good. Not going to torque them down to what the manual says. Seems too tight. Anyway, I need to buy a vacuum hose for my brake power booster to intake manifold connection. All of the local parts shops don't carry 1/2" vacuum hose, only heater hose. I bought the heater hose, but it kinks. I need to buy 1/2" vacuum hose. Does anybody know where I can buy it? Tried the local GM dealer, they don't have it for sale, but the mechanics use it , I think. :banghead:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Got a couple of questions. In the photo below, the trim thats around the rear window was missing when I bought the truck, don't know if my local salvage yard might have these pieces. Is there somewhere other then the dealer to order them? The other question is want to have a tonneau cover later and was wondering will the bedliner get in the way of it or should I use something else other than the bedliner?
You must be registered for see images attach

Don't think you'll have much luck getting those 4 pieces from the dealership. Wreckers would be your best bet. Problem with that is there are tabs at the top of the 2 side panels that fit into the top piece. Most of the time when I see those pieces at the wreckers, they have been trashed because people don't know how to remove them properly. If you do find some good ones, don't worry what color they are. They can be dyed to match your interior. My '98 didn't have any of those pieces when I got it either. Had the other style. The pieces in that truck now, came from 3 others, all in different colors. After I dyed them, unless I told you, you'd never know.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Don't think you'll have much luck getting those 4 pieces from the dealership. Wreckers would be your best bet. Problem with that is there are tabs at the top of the 2 side panels that fit into the top piece. Most of the time when I see those pieces at the wreckers, they have been trashed because people don't know how to remove them properly. If you do find some good ones, don't worry what color they are. They can be dyed to match your interior. My '98 didn't have any of those pieces when I got it either. Had the other style. The pieces in that truck now, came from 3 others, all in different colors. After I dyed them, unless I told you, you'd never know.

Thanks for the info on those trim pieces. I myself don't know how to take them apart or put together. I'll find out somehow. At the moment looking for 1/2" or 15/32" vacuum hose for my brake booster-manifold. Anybody know where to buy it? There's a place online that sells silicone vacuum hose by the foot, but not sure if I should get that?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on those trim pieces. I myself don't know how to take them apart or put together. I'll find out somehow. At the moment looking for 1/2" or 15/32" vacuum hose for my brake booster-manifold. Anybody know where to buy it? There's a place online that sells silicone vacuum hose by the foot, but not sure if I should get that?

I believe my truck is using regular silicone vacuum hose for brake-booster to manifold. Granted, mine is a TBI 355, but You could try it. Only thing that it could hurt is a vacuum leak, and you'd know right away due to high idle.

EDIT: And stiff brake pedal. Forgot to connect mine once, I had moved it aside, and when i started the truck, i head a WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH and the brake pedal was hard as a rock :lol:

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Got another question. I snugged down my intake manifold. The torque sequence is first 44 inch pounds, then 89 inch pounds. Don't have a reliable torque wrench. The digital ones are great, but too much money $200 +. Would I be ok if I snug them down and if need be, snug some more if I have vacuum issues? The block is remanufactured and I had stripped
the threads in the oil pan rear. The threads there and at the intake are the same fine thread. Thats why I'm concerned about this.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Anybody know the part number for the fuel tank baffle plate? My gauge has wave action.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Got another question. I snugged down my intake manifold. The torque sequence is first 44 inch pounds, then 89 inch pounds. Don't have a reliable torque wrench. The digital ones are great, but too much money $200 +. Would I be ok if I snug them down and if need be, snug some more if I have vacuum issues? The block is remanufactured and I had stripped
the threads in the oil pan rear. The threads there and at the intake are the same fine thread. Thats why I'm concerned about this.

I used an old school torque wrench for my intake. I think it was something like 60 pounds, and I didn't like how loose the bolts still were, so I snugged them down good.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Does anyone know if theres a special baffle plate that goes in the fuel tank to prevent your fuel gauge from doing the " wave" ?