95 GMC SIERRA RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Got that engine out. Wasn't so tough. Now need to clean and paint the engine frame. Bought a starter
kit of POR-15. After cleaning and cleaning, wire brushing, using brake cleaner to clean. Finally painted and used the whole can for 1 coat. Its a small can, 4 oz. After that,gave it a coat of 1000 degree paint.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Today installed my crank pulley. Used a tool that I bought online. It worked great. Put some anti seize on the crank bolt and torqued it down to 200 lbs. The manual calls to first
torque down to 37 lbs. then turn the bolt 140 degrees. Couldn't turn it not even 90 degrees. All I know is that the pulley is all the way on and its torqued to 200 lbs. Its not going anywhere.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
This is the remanufactured block, that I got from rockauto.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Got the engine into the truck. One note, don't tightnen the rear oil pan bolts to spec. You will strip them. I learned the hard way and ended up paying somebody to install new inserts. More pictures on the way. Been on vacation for a while, and will update with more pictures.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
The engine is in and mounted.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
The intake is on. Snugged those bolts too. don't want to strip those either. My fuel lines are attached, took out the gas tank ( need a 98 tank assembly). Need to locate supply and return lines for that tank. Also need to buy a evap vent valve. I'm in California, and doing a legal swap. After 3 tries with S&P, they finally sent me the right harness. I hope it works! Got to figure out how I'm going to mount the computer to the passenger side fender well, also need to make a hole at the firewall for the harness to foot pedal. Need to locate a grommet for that hole too. Any help with these things would help me out.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
After looking at my rubber engine mounts, I noticed that the passenger side are only sitting on 3 of the tabs of the mount. I decided to lift up the engine and refit the mount. Same problem like before, sits on 3 out of 4 tabs. The driver side is perfectly fine, sits on all 4. What do you think, leave it alone?

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
After looking at my rubber engine mounts, I noticed that the passenger side are only sitting on 3 of the tabs of the mount. I decided to lift up the engine and refit the mount. Same problem like before, sits on 3 out of 4 tabs. The driver side is perfectly fine, sits on all 4. What do you think, leave it alone?

Did my best to line up the mount. I believe it will be ok.