95 GMC SIERRA RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Mounted my ecu to the passenger fender well. Now I'm in the process of connecting up my S & P wiring harness.
You must be registered for see images attach

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Got my fuel tank. Ordered the 98 assembly. They sent it without the pump assembly, oh well the price for the new tank was fair. Got a pump and a fuel level sending unit from a 97 Grand Prix. Sounds weird, but that sending unit works with the fuel gauge of the 95 truck. The 98 sending unit on the pump is 40-250 ohms, and the gauge is 0-90 ohms. Removed the 98 sending unit and installed the Grand Prix sending unit.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
After I hook up the harness, time to install the exhaust and then I can work on mounting the vapor canister somewhere above the fuel tank, out of sight. Will also need to figure if I'm going to purchase the SUR &R fuel line kit or buy the parts only. I need to fab up some fuel lines as well as the vapor lines for the smog. Can't wait to start it up and drive it. :driver:

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Got a couple of questions. In the photo below, the trim thats around the rear window was missing when I bought the truck, don't know if my local salvage yard might have these pieces. Is there somewhere other then the dealer to order them? The other question is want to have a tonneau cover later and was wondering will the bedliner get in the way of it or should I use something else other than the bedliner?

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a couple of questions. In the photo below, the trim thats around the rear window was missing when I bought the truck, don't know if my local salvage yard might have these pieces. Is there somewhere other then the dealer to order them? The other question is want to have a tonneau cover later and was wondering will the bedliner get in the way of it or should I use something else other than the bedliner?

Local salvage yard should have those pieces but you may not be lucky enough to find a matching color. If you are willing to buy new http://www.lmctruck.com/ might be an option.
build is looking great, I'm looking into a 5.3 or 6.0 swap in my 92, i'll be following. good luck with the swap.

ecvchamp

Reaction score
Why are you using a 98 tank? I have read that others just changed the fuel pump. Is this part of keeping it legal in CA?

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Why are you using a 98 tank? I have read that others just changed the fuel pump. Is this part of keeping it legal in CA?

I'm using the 98 tank because it has the fuel tank pressure sensor in the fuel pump assembly. Yes, I need it for the smog. I'm waiting for fuel line parts to arrive. Once I get them, I can keep on going. Wan't to start it up and drive it. Hope no problems with it!

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Finally got my fuel line parts and fittngs. Proceeding with that...Getting closer to the " starting of the engine". Hope it starts and runs well.