95 c1500 RCLB Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjslaunwhite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
question for the experts, the 350 is on its way out in the silverado, if i toss the 305 in it while i rebuild the 350 what all would i have to change? i was looking at the harness's and the look almost the same (some differences being a 95 and a 90 but i can rewire) i figure id need just the ecu, a few changes on the 95 harness and the water pump housing as the 305 has the heater core lines off the rad vs off the pump housing on the 350

mattjslaunwhite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so, traded my pushbar, a 32" lcd tv(i got for free), some scrap copper and Al (about $70 worth) and repaired 2 tablets ($40 ) for this:

1996 GMC Sonoma SLS ECRB 2wd 4.3l vortec

You must be registered for see images

originally got it so i can have a truck while im doing the off frame resto on the silverado but now i might keep it as the beater truck (makes things a little easier as i don't need the silverado to have heat and such)

what it needs/needed:
-Allready swapped the broken multi switch and coolant temp sensor
-def needs rad flush or new rad, it honestly looks like they dumped mud water in :nono:
-biggest prob that just cropped up the last few days is the fuel pump, lifting the bed tomorrow and swapping a new pump in( replaced the filter and injector allready)
-TIRES, putting one of my good set of 235's on it (215/60's on it now but one of the prev prev owners said he was running 235's with min rubbing)
-exhaust leak, not using the muffler off the silverado so just gonna put that on (got magnaflow's to run dual on the project truck)
-jump door doesn't open, not really an issue but would be nice
-Some body work

seems like alot but i essentially got the truck for free and 80% of the parts are the same as the 1/2 tons so iv got most of the parts allready

mattjslaunwhite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
cab is finally off the bad frame, seeing as noone is ever around when needed i ended up rolling it onto my 35" tires then after i pulled the frame away lowered it onto blocks and 2x6's

mattjslaunwhite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well been a long few weeks but its starting to come together now, cab on the new frame, new motor i rebuilt combining the 305 and 350 started on first key flick, and now moves under its own power (albeit no brakes lol)

Heres how she sat yesterday, got most of the front end back on today so far (only 11:49am here lol )