94 1500 2wd lift idea, please tell me what yall think

what yall think

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys im trying to make a list of what i need to get my 1994 1500 2wd lifted. i was thinking of
4 inch spindles. (249$ from ebay)
1 1/2 inch daystar coil spacers. (39$ from rbm off-road)
1 1/2 inch cts rear blocks. (45$ from ebay)
is there anything else i need to buy like shocks, or any certain tools for installing.
also if yall know of any good theards, or videos that show how to install the spindles.
thanks

Last edited:

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You may want to shell out the rest of the money and buy a rough country 4inch kit. It comes with everything

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Im not a huge lift 2wd truck fan... but I will say like Gain said .. I would just save my money and buy the rough country lift. Some two lifted trucks look real good with the 4 inch lift. Hey, I love the look of Scotts truck :)

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i have monroe gas magnum shocks all the way around,( and there just a year old,) and i was woundering do i need the new shocks with these spindles, or can i go with out them.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
well i have monroe gas magnum shocks all the way around,( and there just a year old,) and i was woundering do i need the new shocks with these spindles, or can i go with out them.

I'm sure you could

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Them shocks are for stock height, 4" of lift is going to be close to maxing them out, let alone adding coil spacers for another inch or 2.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Them shocks are for stock height, 4" of lift is going to be close to maxing them out, let alone adding coil spacers for another inch or 2.
With the lift spindles, the lower control arm is still in the same place iirc, coil spacers would definitely max them out though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the stock shock with a 2.5" coil spacer and 4" spindle until I got the bilsteins. The shock would max if I went over a big enouth bump or dip in the road. If you have new shocks just leave them on if you go with the spindle lift, which I highly recommend. Might I suggest getting the 4" kit from RC, get some HD springs from a junk yard and have RC upgrade to a 3" rear block. That and some 33" tires on an 8" wide rim looks amazing.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I have rough country lift spindles and 2" blocks with factory shocks. If you are going to put coil spacers you should get longer shocks, you do not need them with just spindles because the lower control arm doesn't move. It also maybe hard to align it properly, you may need some balljoint spacers or new UCA's. And also your frontend will be about 2" higher than the rear with that setup. What tires and wheels are you planning on running btw?