93 Cargo & Reverse Light Help Needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamf93

Reaction score
Hey what`s up everyone...I posted this on fsc & gmfullsize buht i haven`t got a response yet...i got a response on chevytruckworld.com from a guy saying to replace my circuit board on my reverse lights on my tail lights & it should work properly...buht no help with the cargo light...hopefully, i can get better feed back from users on this site...here's the problem

My reverse lights works only when i shift from neutral back into reverse...not from parking to reverse...Can anyone help with this? Idk what could possibly be the problem...

& also, my cargo light for my bed of my truck never worked...Soo I decided to disassemble it to find out what`s wrong & there`s not wiring behind it...soo i would I go about loacting the wire....or wiring it to the cargo switch inside of my truck?

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On your tranny is a black box which has the shifter rod running through it. Remove this box and clean it up nice and make sure all the connections are clean, this box tells your truck what gear you are in and controls the backup lights etc. Worst comes to worst you might have to replace it.

As far as your cargo light it only works when the cab lights are on and the switch for the cargo lamp is on. Double check you're doing it that way.

bamf93

Reaction score
thankx for your response....i'm a newbie & dont kno much about my truck yet....i just got the truck for $3k & just started leanering about it...where's the tranny box located...& also the cargo light has no wiring behind it whener i unscrewed it the housing from the cab...soo what now?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your 3rd brake light will have 4 wires that run into the cab, and will have a snap that connects the wiring to the light.

your cargo lights and 3rd brake light are on a circuit that is inlaid into the plastic assembly behind the lense. so it may not look like there are wires to your cargo lights, but there is.

bamf93

Reaction score
thankx for clearing that up greg, i was about to start ripping stuff up to find those wires...lol...