91 3500 service truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is awesome! Are you going to repaint it school bus yellow?

Are those giant plywood head gaskets in the back of the shop? SBC and flathead maybe?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
This is awesome! Are you going to repaint it school bus yellow?

Are those giant plywood head gaskets in the back of the shop? SBC and flathead maybe?
Looks like them to me. Good eye, I hadn't noticed them till your post, then I looked back and saw them.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No 4 exhaust push rod was stuck holding the valve open. Couple quick taps and freed it up.
You must be registered for see images attach

That was causing a heck of a miss. Now to clean it up a bit and check drivers side.
I'm not sure of the technical term....but eeeeeeew yucky sums it up!!! Lol

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No 4 exhaust push rod was stuck holding the valve open. Couple quick taps and freed it up.
You must be registered for see images attach

That was causing a heck of a miss. Now to clean it up a bit and check drivers side.
Good lord that is bad. Love this project so far!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I once worked on a 305 in a squarebody that looked like the owner had never changed the oil, ever. It had turned to big chunks of crust between all the rocker arms, taking up almost all the open space under the valve covers. I chiseled it all out and shop vac'd the chunks and crumbs. It was all pretty much black like very dirty used oil.

I'm surprised to see how yours looks inside.. definitely neglected on the oil change intervals, but all that rust is wild. What's that liquid? Penetrating oil of some kind, I hope??

Richard

mconner533

Reaction score
I once worked on a 305 in a squarebody that looked like the owner had never changed the oil, ever. It had turned to big chunks of crust between all the rocker arms, taking up almost all the open space under the valve covers. I chiseled it all out and shop vac'd the chunks and crumbs. It was all pretty much black like very dirty used oil.

I'm surprised to see how yours looks inside.. definitely neglected on the oil change intervals, but all that rust is wild. What's that liquid? Penetrating oil of some kind, I hope??

Richard
Oil from the pushrods

mconner533

Reaction score

Richard
When I drained the old oil out I had to heat the oil pan to get it to drain out. Thick like molasses.

Last edited: