90 454SS -> 605SS 1000+ HP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Holy God that is amazing. I just wish he would have used a reg/short and made a 454SS clone! That belt is insane, never have a slip. Looks to be a 2+" cog system.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
It is a rcsb. That's a regular, normal type of blower belt. Only way that they will work is with the cogs.

Uh, no. Sorry. 90% of blowers use a ribbed belt. I work with them on a regular basis. Cogged belts are used for only the most insane boost to prevent belt slip. Gatorback belts are the most common for nice blowers. Standard 6 rib are most common for lower end stuff.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Uh, no. Sorry. 90% of blowers use a ribbed belt. I work with them on a regular basis. Cogged belts are used for only the most insane boost to prevent belt slip. Gatorback belts are the most common for nice blowers. Standard 6 rib are most common for lower end stuff.

any 8-71 blower ive seen uses the cogs...

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
any 8-71 blower ive seen uses the cogs...

Not many 8-71s on vehicles. They do generally use cogs, came from a diesel and is an over-drive unit(more pressure on the belt). But that isn't a regular belt. I was simply pointing out how beefy that one is. Sir piss-a-lot, for a reason unknown to me, had it in his mind to yap about something I said.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Not many 8-71s on vehicles. They do generally use cogs, came from a diesel and is an over-drive unit(more pressure on the belt). But that isn't a regular belt. I was simply pointing out how beefy that one is. Sir piss-a-lot, for a reason unknown to me, had it in his mind to yap about something I said.

oh yea, your typical little centrifugal supercharger uses the little standard belt.

also alot of the small little B&M mini-chargers and stuff use small belts.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Stuff that usually ain't worth installing compared to the results.

:lol:

i was talking to my dad last week about this, he was seriously considering getting a mini and getting a 4" cowl on his camaro, i was like **** it, my opnion, go big or go home, 8-71, poking through the hood.

he quickly changed his mind :lol:

just the thought of a 871 ontop of his 427 makes me get a woody.