90 454SS -> 605SS 1000+ HP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well put!
Its true i'm 44 yrs old i have worked on all kinds of heavy equipment,mack trucks plus run the stuff every day and have learned in my many years of doing it different tricks and ways to do things and will always listen to a better idea on how to do it but i never shoot anyones answers down or tell people they dont know what their talking about if they have the experience behind them

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
And all this from the guy with a years worth of practical & some kinda book learning.
The true 'duel' BS about the two banks 'fighting' each other.
The statement about cowl hoods not making power. I had to school you on that.
The statement about '67 '68 Z/28's not having 302's. I posted damn near a whole page on the history of the Z/28 just to verbally slap you upside the head on that one.
Someone looking for starter help, & you start babbling on about some Chryco ****. This is GMT400. General Motors Trucks, frame designation #400. Who cares about the Mopar crap here?
I've had students like you. They could tell you the lift, duration & LSA of any camshaft ever made. But if you'd ask them to get you a 11/16ths, 16 point spanner, they would stand in front of the tool box with one thumb in their mouth & one up their ass & a dull glazed look in their eye, only to turn around & ask "What's a spanner?"
I'm a little fed up with your 'know-all, be-all' statements.
I'm pisssed! Going back to work.
Have a nice day! Later.

Oh boy where do we start. The 67 and 68 had 302s, NOT DZ302s. That was a 69 option only. Obviously you had no clue about scavenging, I provided a wealth of information on it but you just had to try and argue for the sake of arguing. Cowl hoods do not make more power, only give you more clearance. I avoided that thread because of how dumb the responses were getting. Not only did the person I mentioned the starter help to appreciate it, he also found a shop because I mentioned to him the process we used to go through all the time. In the US they are called wrenches. But because I've worked with enough foreign people I know what you are speaking of.

All this and you are still wrong about a little blower belt. Man, its easier to suck it up than attempt to continue arguing with nothing backing you. I provide info and tips based on the experience I have. While I haven't worked on them for 50 years I have probably diagnosed and repaired more vehicles in my time than most who have twice the floor time. And between the 3 performance shops I have worked at I also have more experience in blowers and hair dryers than 95% of daydreamers who spew about something they read or something their uncle told them. And you haven't had students like me. I'd be more likely to teach a class to you than the other way around.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Oh boy where do we start. The 67 and 68 had 302s, NOT DZ302s. That was a 69 option only. Obviously you had no clue about scavenging, I provided a wealth of information on it but you just had to try and argue for the sake of arguing. Cowl hoods do not make more power, only give you more clearance. I avoided that thread because of how dumb the responses were getting. Not only did the person I mentioned the starter help to appreciate it, he also found a shop because I mentioned to him the process we used to go through all the time. In the US they are called wrenches. But because I've worked with enough foreign people I know what you are speaking of.

All this and you are still wrong about a little blower belt. Man, its easier to suck it up than attempt to continue arguing with nothing backing you. I provide info and tips based on the experience I have. While I haven't worked on them for 50 years I have probably diagnosed and repaired more vehicles in my time than most who have twice the floor time. And between the 3 performance shops I have worked at I also have more experience in blowers and hair dryers than 95% of daydreamers who spew about something they read or something their uncle told them. And you haven't had students like me. I'd be more likely to teach a class to you than the other way around.

i dont know where you get your info from, but 67-68 Z28's had 302's that used the exact same intake as your DZ302, AND did not require a cowl hood, in fact i know for a FACT a BBC with a tourqer intake will fit under a 67-69 STOCK NON-COWL hood no problem, with the right aircleaner.

i bet your one of these guys who thinks the cowl hood was a super popular option on the 1st gen's as well, but guess what, it wasnt :read:

Cowl hoods DO make power when used with proper aircleaner, simple, the engine creates a vacuum sucking in the colder air from behind the hood (outside air flowing is colder then the stale air in the engine bay, i think even you can understand that), IF the aircleaner has the proper assembly

also, the fact you go around telling people that have idling problems that its because they have true duals and the engine cant run right? weird, my 306 ford pushing nearly 400HP (Oh, i know its nothing compared to some super duper car you have worked on, but have no proof of :rolleyes:) had true duals with long tube headers and it idled just fine, even eith the huge cam with EFI, also my dad's camaro that has had a numerous amount of engines in it, seems to idle just fine.

tbh, i agree 100% with these guys, ever since you came on here, you been going around spouting out how YOU have all these super rare parts and how u know everything there is to know. i for one, dont understand how, cause lets be honest, you have what 6-7 years in the automotive field? at most?, when your arguing with people that are nearly twice your age, and i know for a fact, sewlow isnt some "dreamer", from what i can tell hes been in the automotive and restoration world for more years then me or you have been alive.

its ***** like you that piss me off, acting like you know everything there is too know, this is a forum, we are here to share, not piss each other off. and dont start the bullshit about how you stopped responding about the cowl hoods, YOU had no clue what you were talking about, admit it.

also, i agree with sewlow about the belt, you made it sound like you work on 8-71 blowers every day that use a tiny little 6 rib belt, which is just not true.

But what do i know? im just some kid who grew up in high performance, diesel, lift specialty shops and out at the drag strip my whole life, i have worked on cars that have more into the engine or just the frame then all the vehicles sitting at my house right now, but i dont try to come on here and start **** or say my elders dont know anything.

PS: We call them wrenches up here as well.

/rant

Last edited:

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Blah blah, mine is faster cause I chopped my exhaust up, blah blah pulling air from a low pressure area is better than pulling from a high pressure area, blah blah 306 stroker 400hp, blah blah 19 years old. I missed the TSB that said being older makes you smarter. Got to go look for it.