90 454SS -> 605SS 1000+ HP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I'd much rather have a cog system, just isn't used often due to price. GT500, all L67 cars, the new ZR1, almost every aftermarket blower, etc use standard ribbed belts.

That's a regular, normal type of blower belt. Only way that they will work is with the cogs.

^^ is what I was talking about. Not even close to being accurate. Not a normal belt and absolutely not the only way it would work.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I've been messing with blower motors 15 years before you were born.

Then you should do something else. 40 years messing with them and still not know the correct belt?

Last edited:

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I meant "the correct" belt. Not knowing anything about a ribbed belt after 40 years means he doesn't know an adequate belt when he sees it.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sewlow is right all set-ups like that run the cog setup,the newer more compact fit under your hood setups run the ribbed belts,i hate to say it but for 25 yrs old you seem to have the answer to everything and you've done it all! all of us come on here to shoot the **** ask questions post pics stuff like that and i notice when someone does answer a question you always have the better answer then what they say,none of us are on here to one-up each other

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
sewlow is right all set-ups like that run the cog setup,the newer more compact fit under your hood setups run the ribbed belts,i hate to say it but for 25 yrs old you seem to have the answer to everything and you've done it all! all of us come on here to shoot the **** ask questions post pics stuff like that and i notice when someone does answer a question you always have the better answer then what they say,none of us are on here to one-up each other

Well put!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
And all this from the guy with a years worth of practical & some kinda book learning.
The true 'duel' BS about the two banks 'fighting' each other.
The statement about cowl hoods not making power. I had to school you on that.
The statement about '67 '68 Z/28's not having 302's. I posted damn near a whole page on the history of the Z/28 just to verbally slap you upside the head on that one.
Someone looking for starter help, & you start babbling on about some Chryco ****. This is GMT400. General Motors Trucks, frame designation #400. Who cares about the Mopar crap here?
I've had students like you. They could tell you the lift, duration & LSA of any camshaft ever made. But if you'd ask them to get you a 11/16ths, 16 point spanner, they would stand in front of the tool box with one thumb in their mouth & one up their ass & a dull glazed look in their eye, only to turn around & ask "What's a spanner?"
I'm a little fed up with your 'know-all, be-all' statements.
I'm pisssed! Going back to work.
Have a nice day! Later.