9.5 SF 14 bolt 8 lug G80 4.10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Pulled from my 97 k2500 Suburban 8600lb GVWR with ~190k miles in favor of a FF 14 bolt.
9.5" semi floater, factory G80 and 4.10s. Has the larger 13" drums.

For those interested, I don't believe it's too difficult to convert this to disc brake 6 lug. New 6 lug shafts, backing plate spacers, and you should be able to get everything else off of a GMT800 10 bolt with a trip to the junkyard. That's as far as I know. Haven't looked TOO much into it as I had no reason to go 6 lug.

$150 in Wilmington, NC.
If needed I also have some 8 lug wheels that can go with it for a little more.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You realize those u bolts are no good right? Once they have been removed they shouldn't be used again.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I have heard that^^, heard the same about head bolts too. Never had a problem re-using a bolt thats not broken. I'd clean them up and run them.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason you don't reuse (or shouldn't reuse anyway) head bolts and u bolts is that they are torque to yield bolts.

Meaning that when torqued, they stretch to provide their clamping force.

They only stretch once. So if you keep trying to torque them, they won't hold that value like they did when new.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I would suggest, however, to re check them after running them a couple of days and make sure they are tight.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I have heard that^^, heard the same about head bolts too. Never had a problem re-using a bolt thats not broken. I'd clean them up and run them.

That's pretty common knowledge to not reuse U-bolts.

None-the-less, I'm sure Richard knows this. It's still nice that he includes them in the sale for you so that you know what you need. Everything is there.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Some people reuse them, some don't. I'm aware it's not recommended to. Regardless, I probably wouldn't reuse these anyway given they're from 1997 and have had mud on them pretty much 24/7 since then thanks to the factory u bolt plate design that acts like a cup. But if you want them to make sure you get the right ones to replace them with or just want them to use while waiting on new ones to ship, they're there.

cris well

Reaction score
Hi there.

Would you want to sell the spring plates and U-bolts by themselves? I have a 6-lug 14 bolt that I swapping into a c1500 and the plates have a smaller cup in mine.

If so, how much?

I'll use the bolts until I get some new ones.

Shipped to 30052 Loganville Ga.

Thanks