89 RCLB K1500 - Quality time with my son building his first truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it’s been almost two weeks, but we got back to work today for a few hours. We got the final cleaning done on the block and sprayed it down with wd. Then we chased all the threads and installed the freeze plugs and most of the oil galley plugs. I have to pick up a couple more tomorrow.

Next I started on installing the cam bearings and figured out that my old bearing install tool is a bit rough. So tomorrow I will be going by Summit and getting a new set of bearings and a new tool. I was so frustrated at the end that I forgot to get any pictures. But I will say that the block looks like the heads do.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next we got the cam installed, and then got the main journal measurements and everything checked out perfectly. Set the crankshaft in and got the main bolts all torqued. Then we installed the crank gear and installed the timing chain. It’s coming together nicely, slow, but nice.

You must be registered for see images attach

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We finished up the day with cleaning and assembling the rods and pistons. Now it’s time to for beer.