89 RCLB K1500 - Quality time with my son building his first truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s the plan when this truck is done? Are you going to pick one up for yourself?
When I’m done with this one I’m going to finish my Duramax, then I’m retiring in about three years and I’m thinking either a C8 or a ground up hot rod. Something like a 67 Nova. Decisions, decisions.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I’m done with this one I’m going to finish my Duramax, then I’m retiring in about three years and I’m thinking either a C8 or a ground up hot rod. Something like a 67 Nova. Decisions, decisions.
Tough decision indeed. I suppose it all depends on your intended purpose for said vehicle. With that said, I can't help but lean towards a C8.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love the build.
Are you out in Spanish Springs?
I say go 67 Nova.
I have a 66 2 door sedan.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the build.
Are you out in Spanish Springs?
I say go 67 Nova.
I have a 66 2 door sedan.
Thank you.
Yes.
I’m leaning that way because building them is almost as fun as driving them.
I sold a 66 at Hot August Nights about 10 years ago.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought so, just seeing the neighborhood pics.
I'm out in the back and have to stare at that ugly ass foot locker warehouse.
I've had mine almost 7 years.
I have a tci mustang II front clip in mine with power rack and pinion. Handles like a go kart.

Attachments

• 20200418_104501.jpg
    20200418_104501.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 10

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote C8. But you should get another GMT400 too.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got the heads unboxed and disassembled so we can get them cleaned up. They are the Summit/Dart Iron Eagles with 165cc intake runners and 2.02 & 1.60 Manley valves. The casting looks good and the intake side has a five angle valve job. The exhaust side has a ridge in the port just below the valve seat from the valve seat tool that needs to be removed. With some basic porting and clean up they should make a good head for a mild 383 truck motor.

When we assemble them we will reuse the valves and put new seals and Trick Flow (PAC) beehive springs and retainers. They are the recommended springs for the Summit 8802 cam.

You must be registered for see images attach