89 RCLB K1500 - Quality time with my son building his first truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the power steering hoses. They appear to be stainless steel. Is that correct? If so, I should have purchased those to match my stainless steel brake and fuel lines. :( I'm gonna' have to start consulting you before ordering more parts for my truck. :D

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the power steering hoses. They appear to be stainless steel. Is that correct? If so, I should have purchased those to match my stainless steel brake and fuel lines. :( I'm gonna' have to start consulting you before ordering more parts for my truck. :D
I don't think that they are s.s., I think they are zinc plated. I will check for you though.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’m going to interrupt the regularly scheduled program to show you guys and girls my last 400. I bought it in 96 when it was about 1.5 years old and bone stock. It went through three different iterations before I sold it to a friend in 17. It was tough to let it go, but I had just bought a 16 Duramax and it was twice the truck (sorry). I’m going to show you the final version and before anyone gives me any grief, if I it to do over it would have different side mirrors.
Well here we go.

You must be registered for see images attach

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She had three different 383’s over the years, here’s the last one with pro-filer 195’s, comp. 218-228 cam, Accel 4bbl throttle body w/4 injectors and I tuned it all with the EBL flash. If I remember right, the last tuning session it was putting down 340-350 hp to the tires.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While the engine was out, one thing led to another, and the tranny and transfer case got rebuilt. It was my first rebuild of an automatic transmission, and with some good guidance and good parts, it was about as good as 4L60e could get. It still shifts great 10 years later.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why stop there? Swapped in a 14b and rebuilt both diffs with Yukon 4.56’s, trutrac and a few other things.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’m going to interrupt the regularly scheduled program to show you guys and girls my last 400. I bought it in 96 when it was about 1.5 years old and bone stock. It went through three different iterations before I sold it to a friend in 17. It was tough to let it go, but I had just bought a 16 Duramax and it was twice the truck (sorry). I’m going to show you the final version and before anyone gives me any grief, if I it to do over it would have different side mirrors.
Well here we go.

Are those just anti-tramp rods in the back or a whole different suspension setup?

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When a guy is this close he might as well do the steering, suspension and brakes, don’t you think?

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are those just anti-tramp rods in the back or a whole different suspension setup?
They are just traction bars. When I finished the final build the guys at Bilstein helped me get the proper shocks on it so it lost the two in the back on the bars and just had them in the stock locations. Up front I had three shocks and ended up removing the ones in the stock location and going with duals up front. It rode so much better after they helped get properly valved shocks where they were supposed to be.