89 Cheyenne aka Sour Girl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
just noticed i haven't updated since November...

i bought a house and moved.. it's put me behind on the truck somewhat. i'll have a few updates soon since Layd Out At The Park is in 29 days and i have stuff to do to get ready. I'll be installing Dakota Digital air gauges for starters. due to the bad weather and flooding, i haven't been able to get my bed to the painter before show season, so it's gonna be painted hopefully by the end of April.
Thats great that you bought a house, and I like my Dakota Digital air gauges, I have had them for a long time!

Reaction score
Heck yeah! Now you get to tinker with the house and the truck! Lol.. Since we got our house I've been bouncing back and forth between them...lol. But, it gives you a break from one messing with the other :)
Congratulations on getting a place bro!

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
the few people who actually read this thread have probably already seen this, i wanted to document my stereo delete pocket mod.

i'm not sure of the brand, but this stereo delete pocket has a removable face making this mod very easy and very clean.

You must be registered for see images attach

i cut out a filler panel from 1/8th" raw ABS and shaved off 1/8th" off the delete pocket (so it would snap back together with this panel in place)

i posted on "Fabrication Nation" on facebook asking the best way to cut perfect circles in 1/8" ABS and most replies involved using a CNC machine or router. Since i have neither one i began to investigate using a hole saw bit. I got a private message from a member of the facebook group i had posted in and he owns a CNC machine and does custom panels for switches, gauges etc. and offered to cut a panel for me. He showed me some of this work and said he'd cut a panel for me at no charge if it'd pay shipping..... of course i agreed.

i think it turned out pretty neat... i've never been one to have good luck with plastic in the past.

i cut the back off the delete pocket to be able to mount the gauges and run wires etc.

at first i wanted only the air ride gauge.. but then my OCD kicked in and i thought a round gauge in a rectangular housing would look odd... so i decided on two gauges to break it up a bit. I had already given Alan (the CNC guy) the go ahead on dual holes... and after he had cut them, i found out that matching the gauges was going to be really expensive... since the dakota digital air ride gauge kit was already $350, it would have been $300 MORE for a matching tachometer... so i purchased a cheaper brand but has different color lighting to pick from and one of the colors matches the dakota digital gauge.. so that was my move. I picked a tach as the second gauge because i have the moonie cluster and my current tach is mounted under the dash... and i rarely use it anyway.

as dark as my tint is, when lit up, these gauges hopefully won't look so mis-matched inside the truck. either way, it'll work for now.

Last edited:

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the few people who actually read this thread have probably already seen this, i wanted to document my stereo delete pocket mod.

i'm not sure of the brand, but this stereo delete pocket has a removable face making this mod very easy and very clean.

i cut out a filler panel from 1/8th" raw ABS and shaved off 1/8th" off the delete pocket (so it would snap back together with this panel in place)

i posted on "Fabrication Nation" on facebook asking the best way to cut perfect circles in 1/8" ABS and most replies involved using a CNC machine or router. Since i have neither one i began to investigate using a hole saw bit. I got a private message from a member of the facebook group i had posted in and he owns a CNC machine and does custom panels for switches, gauges etc. and offered to cut a panel for me. He showed me some of this work and said he'd cut a panel for me at no charge if it'd pay shipping..... of course i agreed.

i think it turned out pretty neat... i've never been one to have good luck with plastic in the past.

i cut the back off the delete pocket to be able to mount the gauges and run wires etc.

at first i wanted only the air ride gauge.. but then my OCD kicked in and i thought a round gauge in a rectangular housing would look odd... so i decided on two gauges to break it up a bit. I had already given Alan (the CNC guy) the go ahead on dual holes... and after he had cut them, i found out that matching the gauges was going to be really expensive... since the dakota digital air ride gauge kit was already $350, it would have been $300 MORE for a matching tachometer... so i purchased a cheaper brand but has different color lighting to pick from and one of the colors matches the dakota digital gauge.. so that was my move. I picked a tach as the second gauge because i have the moonie cluster and my current tach is mounted under the dash... and i rarely use it anyway.

as dark as my tint is, when lit up, these gauges hopefully won't look so mis-matched inside the truck. either way, it'll work for now.

Nice little project DeWayne, it turned out nicely! I'm currently trying to figure out a way to mount a GPS unit in my factory radio place and you just gave me an idea! I'll update you when I get started on it because as of now, college is eating up the bank account lol

Quick question! Where did you get your stereo delete pocket at? I do currently have one but mine doesn't have the nice trim ring around the front! And also where could I pick up some sheets of ABS plastic like that? Thanks man!

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Nice little project DeWayne, it turned out nicely! I'm currently trying to figure out a way to mount a GPS unit in my factory radio place and you just gave me an idea! I'll update you when I get started on it because as of now, college is eating up the bank account lol

Quick question! Where did you get your stereo delete pocket at? I do currently have one but mine doesn't have the nice trim ring around the front! And also where could I pick up some sheets of ABS plastic like that? Thanks man!

i bought it on ebay about 4 yrs ago when i bought the truck.. i'll see if i can go back in the purchase history and see if i can find some info on it.

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i bought it on ebay about 4 yrs ago when i bought the truck.. i'll see if i can go back in the purchase history and see if i can find some info on it.

Alrighty thanks man! If you can't find it, it's cool! You don't have to go through a bunch of stuff lol

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
i went back in my purchase history.. and ebay wouldn't go back far enough. i did find the email from the purchase in dec. 2010. i clicked on the link and it was dead.. but the description was there in the email, but no real details as to what brand:

Item title: GMC Chevy Pickup Truck 88-94 Gray Radio Dash Kit Combo
Web address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120471184117
Item number: 120471184117

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i went back in my purchase history.. and ebay wouldn't go back far enough. i did find the email from the purchase in dec. 2010. i clicked on the link and it was dead.. but the description was there in the email, but no real details as to what brand:

Item title: GMC Chevy Pickup Truck 88-94 Gray Radio Dash Kit Combo
Web address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120471184117
Item number: 120471184117

This looks to be the exact same as yours...
You must be registered for see images

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I just did a search on ebay and the ones with those two tabs on top look to be detachable. There were a couple that didnt have the tabs, so Im thinking thats the difference.