88GMCtruck's 99 6.5L Towpig slow build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lftd98z71

Reaction score
looks awesome, i love the cab lights. I want them but im to scared to drill into my roof

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
he made a how to with exact measurements and very detailed step by step directions.

Lol, Still don't want to cut my roof. Fender arches, Im good with. bumpers, underbody, yeah. All great. Something that sees the weather and I seriously might **** up cause I just know me, yeah...Nervous

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah I know the feeling. The only reason i havent done mine yet is I got the mirrors without the side markers. I think i need the side markers and cab lights at the same time or neither. So neither it is for now. Eventually I may buy the right mirrors and give these to the wifey

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
speaking of which....... Dave, are your mirrors still folded in or have you not rigged the side markers up yet?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Sully, I haven't hooked the mirrors up at all yet, because I need to snag another plug at the junkyard to make the 99 a 8-cavity and add the signals and heated stuff in. Hopefully this weekend.

As far as drilling the holes, I was really, really nervous about it on the 88 when I first did it. On this truck, not so much. I went right to town with the drill. Honestly as long as you have good bases that are still soft, it would take quite a bit to make these leak. They seal up VERY well. For those interested, here is my original writeup: http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?117-Cab-Light-Install

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Well, first off, last night was "interesting" to say the least. Went to the bar Sunday night for my routine dart practice. Well, I went and picked up Devin, and went to the bar. Went and parked in the upper parking lot, which is directly above and behind the bar, up a quite stupidly steep hill. Well, upon backing up I was watching my tire and waiting for the bump of the wheelstop, however never felt it and hit the brakes. Just as I did, the truck sort of fell down, instantly I realize the snow was packed and I had backed OVER the wheelstop..... which meant that I was literally right on the edge of the hill..... in the snow. I had no room to get a run at the wheelstop, had no traction to move forward in 4wd....... So, Devin got a ride to his place, grabbed his truck and gave me a tug out and over the wheelstop.

Had I not been paying more attention, the truck would have went over the edge of the parking lot, and chances are down the hill into the bar. Would have made for quite a bad night.
You must be registered for see images attach

You can see how close the wheels were to going over the edge.....

Now, on to the good stuff. Made a trip to the junkyard this afternoon. The yard around here is so, so stupid cheap I'm going to go broke buying parts....

Mirror Pigtails : Free

S-10 Blazer Leather steeringwheel with audio controls, and clockspring, in perfect shape: $64

S-10 Blazer long OH console with homelink and mileage computer, also in perfect shape (even has the homelink sticker!): $35