88GMCtruck's 99 6.5L Towpig slow build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Well, I spent a bit of time working on the trucks today. I pulled the towing mirrors off the 88 and put them on the 99. I haven't wired them up yet (need to add signal and heated circuits for them) but they are on. I also took the handles out and swapped them in favor of Topkick/Kodiak handles.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm still on the fence with these handles. I really, really love how they feel and function, and they do match the style of the towing mirrors, but, they just kinda look out of place. Almost like someone just pulled them out of a bin on the assembly line and screwed them on, instead of designing something that really fits the lines of the truck. I have kept in mind the fact that they are from a medium duty truck, where function trumps style of course. So, I'm going to used them awhile, see if they grow on me.

I also swapped the mirrors from the 99 onto the 88. I've never been the biggest fan of this style mirror and have preferred the stainless style better, but after having power mirrors in the truck I really don't think I want to give that option up now. I do think they fit the trucks proportions a bit better than the towing mirrors still.

Also, this is the 5th set of different style mirrors the 88 has seen. Past mirrors....

GMT800 Towing:

CIPA towing.

OEM stainless

OEM Sport mirrors

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
:lol: if only.

My truck came with the stainless mirrors. Back when it was stock and I was younger, I put the sport mirrors on it cause the stainless ones looked too big to me. Then I lifted it, put the stainless ones back, eventually buying the trailer and getting the CIPA towing mirrors, only to have the GMT800 style mirrors come out a few weeks later and obviously got them. Now it's onto the black OEM mirrors, although I'm thinking i might have to go back to the stainless mirrors after looking at the contrasting pictures.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
i knew i rememered you have clear corners on your truuck once. also the mirrors look good but i think its a negative on the handles

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
functionality of the handles is tough to argue with, but I dont like the look either. Looks like walmart replacements