88GMCtruck's 99 6.5L Towpig slow build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onebadtwo

Reaction score
WOW!!! I love your truck! Makes me want one just like it. 6.5 stick shift trucks are almost impossible to find around here though.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Wow, it's been a REALLY long time since I've updated this thread or done anything to the truck. Honestly, I haven't done squat to the truck aside from drive it once a week or so. Since the move I've been living he unemployed life, trying to find some work. Really right now I'm just scraping by.

Anyway, after the last two months of applying for jobs and getting nothing, I finally took a break to wash the truck for the first time since May.... And today did a touch of wiring to install the Dick Cepek driving/fog lights and air dam I've had occupying space in the garage since before the move. I also re-wired the headlights for 4-hi and to be relay based, completely eliminating current running through the dash switches.

The lights are in the same location as my OE fogs on the 88, however they are physically larger and unlike the OE ones, they are dual bulb with fog and driving lights. The look a little more like the piaa setup that existed years ago for these trucks.

Lights off
You must be registered for see images attach

Low and Fog

8-Hi

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I dont really care for how the fog lights look on there, they look out of place that close to the ends of the bumper imo

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Put them right where the OE fogs go, these are just larger is size is all. Not much other options with them unless they are inboard of the tow hooks.

I do think the stock sized fogs on my 88 fit better. I tried to stick with the stock style light stack that GM did.

Unfortunately I can't use the bumper holes on the 99 as the truck needs them for cooling, and I wanted a driving and fog light on it, so this was the best option.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
You and your lights......:nono:

lol, looks good, but remind me to never drive in front of you and piss you off, as I think flashing your brights should now be considered cruel and unusual. Who the heck has that many lights???? :lol:

Good luck on finding some work, man. Any leads or openings?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
That sucks man, hope you can find a job soon, also the size might be what was throwin me off on the lights

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I may have missed this along the way because your thread is 29 screens long!!!!
Why not put the fogs in the bumper location instaed of in place of the tow hooks?