88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
in that case no way! love seeing original owners restoring their vehicles

Sent from my 350 powered iPhone
What is really cool about Dave's story is that I believe the 1988 belonged to his grandpa. His grandpa replaced the 88 with the yellow 02. Both of those trucks have been in the family since new as well.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Noooooooo it's getting restored. Dad bought it new in 75.

Now that is cool! Glad it's getting restored considering it's been in the family that long and your dad is the only owner :) cool pics of a few of the trucks. That dually is a workhorse :)

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
What is really cool about Dave's story is that I believe the 1988 belonged to his grandpa. His grandpa replaced the 88 with the yellow 02. Both of those trucks have been in the family since new as well.

That is correct. Dad bought the 75 and 09 new. My grandpa bought the new 88 and replaced it with the new 02 (I actually was the first one to drive it, literally out of the showroom), I ended up with both of them. My brothers 79 was also bought new by my other grandpa. My 98 is our only truck that wasn't a family purchase new. But I am the second owner.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Now that is cool! Glad it's getting restored considering it's been in the family that long and your dad is the only owner :) cool pics of a few of the trucks. That dually is a workhorse :)

The dually is. It really has been a great truck and super useful. So far I've towed a datsun 240z, 1st gen cummins, both dad's trucks, a small tractor, a 40' Park model trailer and a bunch of furniture and stuff. All not my stuff just helping out.

Varvis

Reaction score
Was the first gen Cummins you're talking about the one I keep seeing in those earlier pictures? Looks like a nice truck if it is. Your truck looks nice as well!

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Yes it is, the green and tan one.

-----------------

Oh my what is this?
You must be registered for see images attach

Well that warranty lasted all of about 10 mins.....

Had to make it fit... and it just BARELY fit.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Well i definately haven't seen anyone do that yet