88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm currently rocking just the stock wheels with black paint it looks good but its not what I would like to have. I've been looking everywhere for set of the factory trim rings with no luck. I would love to do trim rings and chrome lug nut caps. I like the direction you're headed though.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I'm planning to leave the mirrors and door handles matte black. Hides scratches WAY better. The mirrors hit a lot of branches and stuff, gloss would look like crud real quick.

I guess that is true, and who knows there could be a towpig #3 build in the near future... ;)

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Nice. Personally think it would look better with some impact-strip moulding.

I like the black rims too. I did the same on the ugly Dodge rims I'm running on my K2500. Running them with stock chrome centre caps and ditched the trim rings. Made them look decent.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Oh my... ooooohhh my...
This is going to look amazing, Dave. (already is..) Props man, seriously you've got an eye for design and the skills/knowledge to make it all happen so flawlessly.. Unreal man
I try :thumb:

I'm currently rocking just the stock wheels with black paint it looks good but its not what I would like to have. I've been looking everywhere for set of the factory trim rings with no luck. I would love to do trim rings and chrome lug nut caps. I like the direction you're headed though.
I'd offer my set to you as I have no desire to use them, but my buddy snatched them away already.

Tint the lenses on the mirror sognals? Gmt800 rear bumper?
Planning on tinting all the lenses. But I will NEVER put a GMT800 bumper on one of these trucks. They simply do NOT match the body/style of the truck.

I guess that is true, and who knows there could be a towpig #3 build in the near future... ;)
This will be the only towpig. I'll just build it bigger and better. Then again, who knows.

Nice. Personally think it would look better with some impact-strip moulding.

I like the black rims too. I did the same on the ugly Dodge rims I'm running on my K2500. Running them with stock chrome centre caps and ditched the trim rings. Made them look decent.
I've never liked the impact strips on dually trucks. The fenders make it odd to add trim to, you either go out the fender and it looks weird or you skip the fender and it still looks weird. There is a reason GM never had it on there to begin with.

Skip fenders
You must be registered for see images attach

Across fenders
You must be registered for see images