'88 RCLB C3500 "Roscoe P. Coltrane"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I port the box I can go smaller, right?

IIRC it's the opposite, ported enclosures are usually larger.

Does the sub have a model number or anything you could use to look up exact specs? If so you could input them into WinISD and play with enclosure design in there.

EDIT - A little more explanation... WinISD is free subwoofer enclosure modeling software that can take specific parameters of whatever drivers you're using and let you play with all kinds of stuff, including tuning frequency and ports. It'll even give you a graph of estimated frequency response of the modeled enclosure/drivers. The parameters for your Infinity sub might already be in the software, they have a ton of drivers on file already.

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impressive.
Thanks! It's actually pretty easy if you already have the interior torn down. Just throw the pieces in front of the pressure washer, scrub them, and shoot them. Do a couple pieces at a time and after a couple weeks the entire interior's done.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a $36 4x8 sheet of 23/32 plywood. Sure, cabinet-grade birch might be "preferred", but that's >$80 a sheet, and my carpentry isn't that good. This is probably the best wood work I've ever done. I'm pretty sure it'll sound nice enough for my ears.

The front face is just resting in place; I need to trim it down so that it fits between the top and bottom panel. I measured wrong on the end caps and middle pieces. The end caps are going to get unscrewed and moved into the middle, and I'll cut new end caps that fit flush with the front of the cabinet.

None of it is glued yet, but I'll put wood glue in the seams before it gets final-assembled. I was considering some Tekton 77 for coating it once it's finished, but I think it's large enough I'd need two coats, and that's $90! Anybody have a better cheap idea for painting it? Or should I just stain and varnish it?

You must be registered for see images attach