'88 RCLB C3500 "Roscoe P. Coltrane"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drew this up in TinkerCAD just to see if I want to do it. I have an old 12" Infinity sub from my '69 Cadillac, but the box is too big for Roscoe. I took measurements behind the seats of my son's truck and this looks like the max size. Having seen someone else's sub and shelf setup, I decided that's what I want. I looked up enclosure sizes, and it looks like I'll want between 1.25 and 1.75 cu/ft of volume. This is right at 1.5 cu/ft, and that center section looks huge.

You must be registered for see images attach
I think this is based on my setup. https://www.gmt400.com/threads/my-95-rclb-c1500.59020/post-1297622

If you do decide to go this route, check the depth of your sub driver. I found that after I made the box, I had to carve out a divot in the back panel so the sub would sit into the box properly.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, I shoulda taken a pic of the setup I spotted in the junkyard. Dude chopped a massive hole in the back of his cab, put a giant box in the bed, and smeared silicone all over it to seal it.
Won't lie....I've been tempted to do a blow through setup in my truck. But not with a bunch of silicone!!! Lol
You can get a gasket from rv places that connects the box and cab together.
It's not off the project list yet, but at 48, do I really NEED 4-12's????? Oh hells ya!!!! Lol
Pantera and Slayer for everyone to hear!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you see that episode of "Car Fix" where Jeremy Bumpus did that upgrade on a new Ford Maveric? Something like 6 - 12" subs
Yes sir I certainly did. Old school vibes on that build.
I've been into car audio as long as I've been into the what we affectionately call OBS's. So 88/89.
I still have Rubbermaid totes full of car audio magazines along with all the Street Truck and Truck'n mags. Woman has been bugging me forever to get rid of them for years , but I won't. They stay in "my" garage.
Actually went to car stereo school for a month back in 98. But never had $$$ for tools to go work at the shops. Went back to carpentry for a bit to save up for tools.....20+ yrs later I'm still in the carpentry/scaffolding business. Oh well. They say never do your passion or hobby for a job.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes sir I certainly did. Old school vibes on that build.
I've been into car audio as long as I've been into the what we affectionately call OBS's. So 88/89.
I still have Rubbermaid totes full of car audio magazines along with all the Street Truck and Truck'n mags. Woman has been bugging me forever to get rid of them for years , but I won't. They stay in "my" garage.
Actually went to car stereo school for a month back in 98. But never had $$$ for tools to go work at the shops. Went back to carpentry for a bit to save up for tools.....20+ yrs later I'm still in the carpentry/scaffolding business. Oh well. They say never do your passion or hobby for a job.

I was thinking about something along these lines the other day. How my uncle warned me when I joined the Air Force that if I spent all day fixing airplanes I wouldn't feel like fixing/playing with cars. That just doesn't apply to me.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drew this up in TinkerCAD just to see if I want to do it. I have an old 12" Infinity sub from my '69 Cadillac, but the box is too big for Roscoe. I took measurements behind the seats of my son's truck and this looks like the max size. Having seen someone else's sub and shelf setup, I decided that's what I want. I looked up enclosure sizes, and it looks like I'll want between 1.25 and 1.75 cu/ft of volume. This is right at 1.5 cu/ft, and that center section looks huge.

You must be registered for see images attach

Now I'm seriously considering whether I'd rather have an Infinity Basslink under the seat. I don't have an amp for the sub, and a 4x8 sheet of MDF is $50, so I'll be halfway there by the time I build a box.
www.amazon.com/Infinity-Basslink-Powered-Underseat-Subwoofer/dp/B09PSMGHNM

Heck, I haven't even finalized what I'm going to do for seats. The Caddy seats in WCJr are very nice, but so thick that I'm closer to the steering wheel than I like. I definitely need thinner seats for Roscoe, but they have to be comfortable enough for long trips.
If there's something I can help with, it being equipment, information, box design, port design, etc...., just let me know. I've got quite a bit of resources available....

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't need a competition-worthy setup, just enough that I'm satisfied with the sound quality. My Mustang has the factory Shaker 1000 stereo, and it's all I need. For the truck, I'm looking at a monoblock amp that makes 350w @ 4 ohms for the sub.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09PCZLZMG

The sub is an old (I bought it at Circuit City) Infinity Kappa(?). Generic numbers tell me it needs around 1.5 cu/ft. If I port the box I can go smaller, right? What size and depth of port would I need? How small can I make the enclosure? I favor neither deep response nor punch, I'd like to target right in the middle of both. As much as I'd like to go with high-end materials, I have a sheet of 3/4" plywood that'll probably get sacrificed for the box.