88 GMC Trail/DD Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Continued working on boxing today. By work I mean, I practiced stringing my four letter vocabulary into sentence fragments and walked off. The only thing I accomplished was not cutting it up into scrap. Should have just built a chassis from scratch. How is it square and straight yet crooked and nothing matches side to side?!
You must be registered for see images attach

That is all. Back on it in the am.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry guys for the lack of progress. I ask you bear with me for the time being. Currently dealing with some health issues in the family on top of trying to finish up my flight paramedic certification. Plate is kinda full and family will always come first.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a bit of work done today. I wasn't entirely happy with how the boxing came out the first time around so I cut it all out, made new plates and burned them in for good. Next item on the list is make a crossmember to replace the one between the cab and box and make all new cab mounts.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
WOW very impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's awesome work man- so how does this boxing work? where do you run the brake lines and stuff that usually ran inside the frame? alongside it? in between the body and frame or what?

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Vortec Lover. It'll all run high along the inside. I'll weld tabs to the frame to secure everything.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I see- I've always wondered what people did with that stuff when they boxed the frames, now I know, haha

this is going to be one seriously BA rig, keep it up :waytogo: