88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Google duplex transmission. More or less a 5 speed bolted to a 2 speed. There are four different duplexes and each shifts differntly but the most comlicated one splits every gear. Now that assuming its a duplex. A triplex and quadplex you essentially put your main in first and shift your aux through all 3(4) then main in second and aux through all 3(4). . . ect. Then there are exceptions where gears overlap (usually the overdrives) and some you can skip around but good luck keeping up with all those gears.

Last edited:

biggiecamp

Reaction score
Drove an old Mack years ago that had three sticks. Hi, lo and reverse... deep reduction and 1-5. Used to freak people out grabbing 1-5 going backwards lol
Used to love driving a 5 & 4 transmission truck. Now, I lean towards the ease of the 18 speed. Yet, some people purposely complicate the 18 speed and turn it into three sticks. One for the hi-lo splitter, one for range selector and one for actual gears.... like the guy in the video below has done. You can hear the air splitters that are just thumb knobs on a normal 18 speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lEYaTvvq4g

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A freind of mine installed seats from MB with heating, ventilation and all that comfort stuff.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

holy **** that looks awesome! Have any other pics of the inside of this one??

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any issues from going the reverse direction? from stock buckets and center console in a 97 ext cab to a full on bench? possibly a bench out of a 94. or maybe a 60/40. ???

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any issues from going the reverse direction? from stock buckets and center console in a 97 ext cab to a full on bench? possibly a bench out of a 94. or maybe a 60/40. ???

No I went from buckets to the 60/40 with no problems. Only had to drill the front inside hole for the 60 portion. Other than that it was an easy swap...

whitesilvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
my truck was a mark iii conversion and had some nice seats but they were like pleather and made me sweat like crazy so i bought some 60/40 seats in good condition that came from a suburban but they have an extension for the inner bolts for the 60 piece

You must be registered for see images attach

can i change the rails? i see some bolts and was wondering if removing that the rail will come off and maybe switch them for the right ones

heres how on my other truck look like

thanks for any help, this is the truck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD