88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should add to front page much easier, was scared to go around and possibly buying some bad ones that need alot of modding but feel alot more comfortable now... great thread though

I'll be going to local yards all week now looking for some black leather or mint material!

Last edited:

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A question of a different sort.
I have a 98 CCSB 2500 and at some point the driver seat will need to be rebuilt and I would like to know if I can upgrade to newer factory and possibly leather buckets seats including the rear. I also would like to know when the newer style rear seats got the foldup option for cargo room and if these are direct bolt into to my year of truck. Thank you. Mark

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No info that I know of about the rear with easy swaps. The rear floor has a weird shape that makes for alot of modding if you decide to put captains in both front and back... from what I've read in someone's attempt... if you find something let me know though!

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just going to put this out there. Noticed this weekend at the pull yard, I found at least 3 Hyundi xg350 sedans with perfect leather seats. I may do the gambling for us and buy two ($60) and see how hard it will be to fabricate the brackets to work with our brackets. Most likely can do like the guy that mounted the BMW seats, flat stock drilled to match seat, then crossed and drilled to match lift brackets. What was special about these cars is the drivers seat was perfect in all 3. and 2 were black leather, one was tan. Never seen more than 1 perfect leather drivers seat at the yard.

I will update in a few weeks or so, hopefully I can go back soon.

wewsel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little different question. I'm 6'2" with an odd build. I have short legs and a very long upper body. I'm also a big guy. The problem I have is that, when I'm in my truck, with the seat all the way back, and leaning back a little, but still able to steer, my head almost touches the roof. Is there a lower seat bracket that I could use to drop the height? I have the 60/40 bench in it right now, but was thinking about putting in buckets. Just incase, it's a 98 ecsb.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Little different question. I'm 6'2" with an odd build. I have short legs and a very long upper body. I'm also a big guy. The problem I have is that, when I'm in my truck, with the seat all the way back, and leaning back a little, but still able to steer, my head almost touches the roof. Is there a lower seat bracket that I could use to drop the height? I have the 60/40 bench in it right now, but was thinking about putting in buckets. Just incase, it's a 98 ecsb.

Bucket seats with the 6-way electronics are infinitely adjustable + they also have a recline-able backrests, & an inflatable lumbar support.
They can be adjusted so they sit much lower to the floor than a bench.
With all their adjustments, they are so much nicer, as far as comfort goes, especially on extended drives where sometimes just a touch of the switches will be the difference between being able to drive for another hour or not.

wewsel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks sewlow. I've been reading a lot of your advice as of late. This is my second sierra and it needs a little more cosmetic work than my last. I just read your write up on headliner replacement. That's on my list as well as seats once I get the mechanical bugs worked out. I plan to hang on to this one for a while, so I'll continue to turn to this site for advise. Thanks again.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just going to give my opinion, I think these seats are a bit to thick for a regular cab truck. You sit almost to upright, or you have to move the seat bottom forward to far to get a lean on. These came out of a Tahoe limited. They are nice but I think soon as I find some replacements that are thinner (i.e. Camaro, Chevy van, Suburban 2nd row) these will be for sale. I got them cheap enough I know I can resale without losing any money.

Just my .02

Nate

You must be registered for see images attach