85 Prelude Resurrection Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There was definitely still quite a bit of spaghetti under the hood with all of the vacuum lines everywhere. It was a neat little car that I really wanted to keep but I had 7 other vehicles at the time and needed to thin the herd a little bit. The plan was to put a D16 (still slow, but way simpler) that I had from my old '97 Civic HX that I got the wheels from. As much as I love my trucks and the classic muscle/sports cars that I've had, this Prelude and my old Miata were two of the funnest vehicles that I've owned. The Lude was slower than hell, but the looks it got made up for it and knowing that I was driving something that most people didn't even know what it was.
That is a beautiful car there. I don’t think I would’ve sold it and I’m not a foreign car guy!

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
97C1500TJ I admire your patience with the engine bay and dealing with that spaghetti mess. Good looking car and I like that intake and carb set up! Definitely an upgrade in simplicity to that old mess. In the past I've worked on a 93' Lexus and my buddies 99' GSX that had far less vacuum lines than that and it still was a chore to reconnect all those lines correctly. It's interesting to see how automotive engineering transitioned from carbureted engines into todays fuel injected platforms. The 80's and 90's where definitely not the height of simplicity in the engine bay when engineers had to meet emissions requirements while juggling components that where not completely electrically controlled like today's vehicles.