8 hours to install BL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
took myself and a buddy about 6-7hrs. not rushing or anything, stopping for beer and smoke breaks. mine is also a rusty old girl, so we caught a few snags.

RTM355

Reaction score
Man do it yourself its easy , well most of the time just have a good jack,wrenchs and a few other tool. Depending on what size it is sometime you only have to disconnect the steering shaft. If you are careful I did mine by myself in 3.1/2 hours.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
was the hundred dollar body lift used or what? I can't find em for less then $170 or so online.

RTM355

Reaction score
Honestly you and your dad can do it . You got to learn man. Take the front off unbolt the bumper. And do one side at a time . The back bed you can do in thirty or forty minutes if that man.

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm doing a 3" bl on my 95 suburban and I broke 4 bolts off in the body now I'll have to drill the out or something! Anybody got any tips on how to get them out?

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
easy outs, suck. on my 86, the alternator bolt, that holds it to the head, snapped off. broke 2 easy outs, and had to have a custom bracket made. i dont like easy outs that much anymore. lol

92gmcsierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the 3" body lift kits I have seen online every maker estimates an 8 hour install time. Got mine from Summit Racing and that's what they estimated as well. That's probably what the shop is going off of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
my 6" RCX had an estimated 8 hour install, it ended up taking me 40... Even though its not a body lift, it comes to show that it depends on whether you run into issues or not.