8 hours to install BL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I called a local 4x4 shop here in BC and they quoted me 8 hrs to install my $100 BL, sound crazy, if that is about the proper time to install it I will sell it.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont know on a truck, but my buddy and I did the lift on his 07 Jeep Wrangler in about an hour. But his was only an 1" or 1 1/4", didnt need to modify anything.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea dude they just ballpark all of them @ 8 hours in case there are any crazy snags. 8 hours should be the max amount of time though for a shop that wants to drag ass and make good $$$.

CALL ANOTHER SHOP, or better, call a knowledgable friend. Get a case of beer, knock it out and pay him good.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea dude they just ballpark all of them @ 8 hours in case there are any crazy snags. 8 hours should be the max amount of time though for a shop that wants to drag ass and make good $$$.

CALL ANOTHER SHOP, or better, call a knowledgable friend. Get a case of beer, knock it out and pay him good.

^^^^ Im with this guy, bleeding on your vehicle bring you closer. Besides, if they run into rusty bolts or broken/seized bolts they are going to fix them on your dime, if you run into problems....get another beer.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well I dont know anybody here been here about a month and I dont have many tools or adequate space to work, so i am looking selling it and going with a 2 inch crank and blocks, its lots cheaper and I can do this work myself.