8 hi Headlight mod???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elibramer

Reaction score
Thats an interesting idea, I would try it and post your results with pics!

Thank you! And I was gonna, before and after, with inbetweens if I have any headaches lol. (From a w/t front end to the Silverado front end is already gonna be a big improvement :D)

If you remove the lower turn signal lights, that would be illegal there would be no more turn marker.

As you can see in the pic., I also added lights in the top corner markers. This was much harder than the 4 high mod, but I like the effect.
You must be registered for see images attach

That's another thought I had. The turn signals. How would I go about utilizing the corner marker lights into the turn signals if that's what you did? (if not, just basically transfer the wiring to the corner lights?)

If you still have DRL, you will need to disable this. I just removed the fuse.

I found a pair of headlights that don't look "ricer" (to me) which has like a half angel eye under the main lights, so I could just wire those into the stock drl's right?

but it is your truck, and you can do what you want with it.

THANK YOU:anitoof:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your corner markers flash just like the blinkers. All I did was add a socket and another buld just like what is in the bottom corners. I just taped into the OE wires for the bottoms to power the top markers. I had to do this on each side. I went to the salvage yard and got 2 bottom corner markers to use as doners. I cut the sockets from these doners, and used JB weld after cutting the socket and then I used this as a pattern on the back of the top markers cutting this out to allow the buld and socket to be glued in place. As for wiring to the DRLs , if you use this as a switch wire, and use a relay to power these lights, then yes. The reason I had to disable my DRLs, was because the DRLs was making the relay engage, so my dim lights were on all of the time.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could tap into the wire for that headlight at the DRL box. This would seperate the DRL control box from the headlights if.you clip the output wire near the DRL box under the dash. I found some videos on this mod on youtube, and some videos on the DRL box there too

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I say put some pods in the bumper lights. It'd be a lot easier than modifying a pair of headlamp brackets to fit the core support on the bottom. And for the blinker problem you could use an amber halo ring as the bumper light.

Something like this but just on the bumper lights and with Amber instead of green

Then put led pods in it something like this. You could add an additional relay that ties to your high beams, or you could have an auxiliary switch to turn them on separately from the highs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

robert614

Reaction score
honestly id mount a lightbar behind the grill and do the 4hi mod and to make it easy get a floor mounted dimmer switch for a older car and use that to turn on the lightbar

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
....get a floor mounted dimmer switch for a older car and use that to turn on the....
what i use for the GearVendors OD unit i have. mounted the switch to an 8X8" square aluminum sheet, cut a hole in the carpet and put it underneath. didn't want to put holes through the floor.