8 hi Headlight mod???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elibramer

Reaction score
So I've been searching, and can't find anything. If anyone knows of any forms that has done it please let me know.
Here's the think, I have a 88 Cheyenne c1500 and I was gonna do the Silverado front grill swap, but with the headlights I want to do the 4hi mod, but also change the amber parking lights to another set of headlights. I've searched and searched but can't find anything. What do I need/ will it work, to change the amber lights under the actual headlights to run like a 8 hi mod for the headlights? And anyone have any pictures if you've done it yourself?

I apologise if I sound repetitive. I don't post on fourms much and don't know how to word things

Thanks in advance

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
do you have poor lighting.....or just want to do something different?

it would be illegal to have that many forward facing lights on.....without looking at the laws i believe you can only have 4 forward facing lights on at one time.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problem I would have with this type of mod is correctly aiming the beams. I am 64 year old and bright headlamps are starting to be bothersome to my eyes especially when being followed and they hit the mirrors. A lot of people doing leveling kits without reaiming headlights doesn't help either. I would look at just doing aux. high beams that you wouldn't have on when following or approaching others. I have very bright aux lights in my rear bumper that I have so far resisted the urge to pay back the followers with the out of adjustment lights. But I am trying real hard not to do it.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i've seen a picture of it but not in person. wiring will all need to be upgraded. it can be done. relays will be a must.
can't find it but will keep looking.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
It'll be illegal and then you don't have your blinkers and such too. I'd just add a set of fog lights and call it good

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problem I would have with this type of mod is correctly aiming the beams. I am 64 year old and bright headlamps are starting to be bothersome to my eyes especially when being followed and they hit the mirrors. A lot of people doing leveling kits without reaiming headlights doesn't help either. I would look at just doing aux. high beams that you wouldn't have on when following or approaching others. I have very bright aux lights in my rear bumper that I have so far resisted the urge to pay back the followers with the out of adjustment lights. But I am trying real hard not to do it.

when possible, I swap my mirrors out for auto-dim units. sometimes I find that having all 3 as auto-dim is not enough. that would when I would blast those light of yours :)

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
It'll be illegal and then you don't have your blinkers and such too. I'd just add a set of fog lights and call it good

fog lights are for FOG, when the inclement weather prohibits seeing the road side and the front of your vehicle.....because your low beams and especially the high beams reflect a "wall of white" in front of you......proper fog lams should be mounted as low as possible to shine "under" the weather. you turn off your lows and turn on your fogs. good fog light project a very wide beam, often pretty short....but in that kind of driving you'll probably only be going 25-30 mph anyway

.....auxiliary DRIVING lights would be what's needed if low beam lighting is his concern.....that's my $.03

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that would when I would blast those light of yours :)[/QUOTE

I stay off the rear lights due to not wanting to start a road rage incident. A lot of people seem to have very short fuses these days and I don't want to light any.
They were installed to let me launch and recover boats at night and work good for that

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
his thread states "8 high" which means all would be on only when turning on hi beams. you can have as many lights on the front of your vehicle as you want.
having 4 hi is illegal if interpreted right/wrong.