7747-7427 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well getting closer to doing this swap and start tuning. My PCM is over on the extreme right side,behind the glovebox. There is not a lot of extra wire to have the PCM hanging out so I thought to myself "I need easier access to the EEPROM. I came up with this remote chip holder so all I have to do is open the glovebox flip the ZIF socket handle up,pop the chip out and replace it with the already burned chip with the changes I want to make and lower the handle to lock the chip in. 10sec chip changes!
I bought the memcal adapter from Red Devil River and popped it in and the other parts from various other suppliers.
You must be registered for see images attach

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Getting the glovebox liner back in with that box header sticking out the right side was a little tricky and it doesn't have the ribbon cable and connector yet. I think when it comes time to do the actual installation I will probably have to remove the glovebox door. I should have hung it on the back wall of the liner but was worried the A/C duct would keep the liner from going all the way in and I was trying to keep the cable as short as possible.

Last edited:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK,got a ? for anybody that has burnt chips before. I made an adapter to read the original 7427 prom and all the data was at the in the bottom region of the prom. I changed a few things like injector flow,TCC lockup and spark timing and burnt the new prom. I'm using the 27FS512 EEPROM and according to T-pro the data should be loaded starting from 000000-00FFFF but that puts the data in the top region of the prom. Will it matter? Will the processor be able to read it correctly?