7747-7427 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always figured it was a failsafe so the TCC wouldn't lock in first or second. 2004R had it too. Maybe had something to do with the older TCC systems with carbs and the vacuum switch.
4L60E has the brake switch too. Orange wire to E13 works for me! No need to break both ends.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
700r4/4l60e can't lock up in first gear. The pressure switch is to differentiate when in 4th or 3rd. B & F body would lockup in 3rd under certain conditions in my experience

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
700r4/4l60e can't lock up in first gear. The pressure switch is to differentiate when in 4th or 3rd. B & F body would lockup in 3rd under certain conditions in my experience
The trucks and vans all lock 2nd through 4th. My 83 had multiple pressure switches and the vacuum switch.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The trucks and vans all lock 2nd through 4th. My 83 had multiple pressure switches and the vacuum switch.
yes on the early stuff had a lot of pressure switches. i am talking about once TCC was controlled by an ECM at least for the 700R4.
Worst I ever saw was an carbureted Accord.
I remember when i was 15 the first head gasket job was on my cousins early 80s toyota tercel and it had a ton of vacuum hoses. i think that was more overwhelming than actually R&Rind the head.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK,got the PCM,got the connectors,pulled the memcal and with 28 little pieces of telephone wire I was able to read the prom and save it. I didn't know I needed a memcal adapter but got one on the way.

I'm still having a little trouble with tunerpro I have gotten it to connect to my truck(7747)and "think" I logged data but can't get it to playback. The progress cursor moves like something is happening but the screen is blank.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"think" I logged data but can't get it to playback. The progress cursor moves like something is happening but the screen is blank.
I'm not sure where you are but, here's a couple pointers.

Make sure you downloaded the proper .adx in this case it's $42-1227747-V5.0.adx (red arrow) Then you can log by clicking on Acquisition\Record. TP will prompt you to name and save the file with the extension .xdl.

After you're done logging, click on Stop, I think.

When you wanna play back your log, click on the red circle looking thing in your tool bar. You can select which playback screen you want by clicking on the drop down "Dashboards" in upper left corner of that screen.

Go to Acquisitions\Play/Pause to see it. HTH

You must be registered for see images attach

Note: If you don't have the BPC/Duty Cycle patch set in the .bin, your injector cycle will look weird until you do.