77-79 hp 44

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im goin to look at one this weekend have a few questions, i have read of people using the older gm front hangers and weldin them on their truck instead of buyin or buildin new hangers has anyone used the fords or can you? if you cant does anyone have the measurements to make your own hangers front and rear for both axles? thanks hope im not askin for too much

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i found a 78 dana 44 out of a ford today for 100 bucks at that price i cant pass it up so im goin to get it saturday

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
the width of yur hangers will; be the width of the leaf pads on whatever axle you use. you can use ford ones, gm ones as long as the eye widths are the same you can use anything make anything etc.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If its a out of a leaf spring truck jump on it. If its the coil spring dont bother with it, unless you plan on doing all the fabwork for coils.
The coil spring axles have the wedges cast into the axle and cant be cut off.

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its leaf sprung also can anyone tell me where they have got their chevy outers for their ford dana 44's? any help would be nice thanks

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My flattop knuckles came of a 74 chevy, the spindles, hub/rotors, outer axle shafts, dust shield/caliper brackets, and calipers are off a 86 3/4ton chevy

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Yes. The axle shafts will convert for either one, but the spindle has 5 studs on the Ford and 6 on the Chevy. You have to convert it all over to Chevy for the 6 lug pattern.