7.4L MAF Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting. Apparently I don't know **** about fuel trims haha

I don't recall if fuel trims are stored like diagnostic codes, it's just an assumption. I do know though that every time I flash, it wipes out codes and resets fuel trims but that's all I have to go off of. That and neither is constant.

Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have anyway to do any data logging? Pull a couple plugs and check their condition including what they are gapped at? These engines are known to have a miss and poor perfromance at higher RPMS when plugs are gapped to GM specs. Gap them down to .045

Also did you atleast try cleaning the MAF?

Last edited:

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't recall if fuel trims are stored like diagnostic codes, it's just an assumption. I do know though that every time I flash, it wipes out codes and resets fuel trims but that's all I have to go off of. That and neither is constant.

I don't have any proof of the draining power to reset either haha. Just have read that. I do know mine also get cleared when I flash tunes.

Good thoughts on reading the plugs and checking the gap, Smith.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did clean the MAF. Noticed a slight improvement after doing so but only during cold temp driving

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well now I'm in deep ****... Unhooked the battery and turned on the headlights, then unplugged the O2 sensors. I think thats a secret code for a self destruct sequence. I made it a mile down the road before my truck went black and died. Dash died and it would not restart. Radio works, lights work, and the power windows work. Mind you I'm hooked up to an 8K lb trailer with a tractor on it. Luckily my Dad was able to tow me up to my work (tractor dealership...handy) and thats where she sits. I'm waiting for my wife to get home from her late shift so I can run back to work with some tools and do some diagnostics but my fear is that I probably some how fried the ECM when I was re-connecting the battery cables and it just took a couple minutes to die. either that or the **** mess I have for battery cables is causing it. Either way, right now I am SOL and running out of time.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
**** that's no good.. I really doubt you fried the computer though, if that were the case it would've been immediate. I would be suspect of the battery cables. Also check all the fuses and relays.