7.4L MAF Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know you are absolutely right. I really would love to get the tune done but I just spent a bunch of time an money getting it running right so performance upgrades are now a non funded idea. I hate the stock exhaust ~2 1/2" from manifolds to the muffler and then a 2 1/2" tail pipe is the worst setup I have ever seen before. Definitely need a better flowing muffler with a 3" tail pipe. And I don't have downstream O2 sensors so I have no way to know what shape the Cats are in. We don't do emissions testing where I live so a part of me is thinking about cutting them out and welding in a straight pipe...

Wait4me has pretty reasonable prices I think, you should contact him just to find out. I think its like less than $200. The cats in these trucks are a straight through design, so they don't slow the gasses down much more than no cats. But if they're leaking around that flange (mine was) then go for it, I've had mine out for awhile. Definitely get something better for the muffler too. Aside from that, dual 2.5 inch is plenty for these trucks. Headers are nice, but they're expensive and are hard to make work with the factory piping. If you were going to go that far I'd just recommend doing full custom.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I meant Dual 2.5" to the muffler with a single 2.5" tail pipe. Not planning on headers. I may yank the stock manifolds off and get them decked and then spend some time with a dremel polishing them out a little bit. I like the reliability and durability of the cast iron. If someone made a reasonably priced long tube I'd probably go for it, but shortys probably not.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I meant Dual 2.5" to the muffler with a single 2.5" tail pipe. Not planning on headers. I may yank the stock manifolds off and get them decked and then spend some time with a dremel polishing them out a little bit. I like the reliability and durability of the cast iron. If someone made a reasonably priced long tube I'd probably go for it, but shortys probably not.

It could be worth your time to do some porting on the manifolds, probably wont be easy though. And I got ya, I'd definitely get that muffler changed ASAP.