7.4L MAF Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I got a chance to crawl around with my test light. Everything has power... the main fuse and relay bank on the drivers side is fully powered and all the main fuses are in good shape. I've got power down to the starter as well. I'm taking it to a shop today and I don't know if I'm going to be keeping it either. Once a vehicle leaves me and my kids stranded on the side of the road, the love is kinda lost. Hopefully it doesn't cost me an arm, leg, kidney, and a ******** to fix. If it's cheap enough I'll have them check on my run issue and if it's O2 sensors I'll have them replace them with the ones I bought. I'll keep you guys in the loop

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never checked the S/P gaps. What kind of plug do you guys recommend? I've always liked NGK or Delco and I'm not sold on spending more that 5 bucks a plug for iridium or anything like that.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well hopefully it doesn't get too expensive for you. If everything has power, I'm not sure what it would be? The gauge cluster doesn't work and it won't even crank, correct?

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well hopefully it doesn't get too expensive for you. If everything has power, I'm not sure what it would be? The gauge cluster doesn't work and it won't even crank, correct?

That would be correct. Lights, stereo, power windows all work fine.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always hate having a vehicle in the shop. They didnt tell me if they were going to get to it right away or not so with every passing hour im wondering if they are spending my money or if they have even started looking at it yet. Its almost like sitting in the waiting room during surgery and you think that every doctor that walks through the front door is going to have news for you. One of the many reasons I hate taking my rigs to a shop.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well PCM has nothing to do with dash lighting so you should be fine with the PCM. Another reason I advocate for the headlight method. These trucks don't have a BCM, a trip to a schematic would be my only way to make an educated guess. Still could be a fuse even though that makes no sense. I've seen them blow off to the side where you can't see.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well PCM has nothing to do with dash lighting so you should be fine with the PCM. Another reason I advocate for the headlight method. These trucks don't have a BCM, a trip to a schematic would be my only way to make an educated guess. Still could be a fuse even though that makes no sense. I've seen them blow off to the side where you can't see.

I thought so too but I ran my test light over both posts of pretty much every fuse and got flashy flashy, blinky blinky on my test probe. Tested and got voltage at the starter and at the main fuse bus. As of right now, the truck is still sitting untouched at the shop. hour and a half left in the day they might get a chance to look at it.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well wouldn't you know it. Its the dam ignition switch. I don't think I'd been able to figure that out.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Dash lights should work in all positions. Time will tell if it truly was the fix, ignition switch is something people love to shotgun in at the first sign of electrical problems.