6x9 speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had thought about doing the 6x9 thing. But decided I liked the 6.5 sound better and the fit. I was throwing out my idea is all.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had thought about doing the 6x9 thing. But decided I liked the 6.5 sound better and the fit. I was throwing out my idea is all.

Wasn't trying to be a dick

Was curious if it was modified with a cover or something

Looks good
I'll prolly do exactly that

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh its all good. Didn't really take it that way. I figured I was the jack ... that posted 6.5 inch speakers when you were mentioning 6x9 size. You won't be disappointed with any upgrade though. If you do go back with oem size, I'd recommend the jl audio 4 inch with the 4x6 adapter plate. That's what I run in my dash and they have great sound and little more bass than I expected.

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a '97 silverado extended cab, i was wondering what are the sizes on all four speakers? two in the front and two in the rear. Was thinking about upgrading them and build a subwoofer under the seat..

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a '97 silverado extended cab, i was wondering what are the sizes on all four speakers? two in the front and two in the rear. Was thinking about upgrading them and build a subwoofer under the seat..
I believe they are all 4x6, but someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Should be 4"x6" in the rear and 6.5" round in the front doors. Front door speakers have a separate tweeter mounted in front of your window and door lock switches under the little grille.

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be 4"x6" in the rear and 6.5" round in the front doors. Front door speakers have a separate tweeter mounted in front of your window and door lock switches under the little grille.
Yeah. I wasn't thinking about doors. I was thinking dash. Glad someone corrected me.

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the information! So i could replace the tweeters too? Or is it some special kind of stuff in these trucks?

I was thinking, if i would build a subwooferbox with a 10" sub under the bench in the back, is it doable with the original headunit? (Stereo) I'm not looking for that window-cracking, hair-twisting extreme sound, i'm just looking to make a moderate improvement. I want to keep my original headunit because i think it looks better, and if i can keep it i will buy one of those aux installations-kit.