New speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordy_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got around to replacing my speakers. I got new 4 x 6 speakers for both the front and rear. I replaced the front, but I'm not sure if the rear is the same size. Does anyone know what size the rear speakers are? Thanks

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
They "should" be 4x6, but I have heard of guys sneaking 5x7s in there, I just haven't had the desire or need to explore that.
never heard that how ever I do hear /read quite often that some one wants to chop up the rear of their truck and jamb in some 6.5s or 6x9s what a shame people wanting to do I know some people do not like rear fill but I can tell you if you are some one that dose like it the 4x6s are all you need imho

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
never heard that how ever I do hear /read quite often that some one wants to chop up the rear of their truck and jamb in some 6.5s or 6x9s what a shame people wanting to do I know some people do not like rear fill but I can tell you if you are some one that dose like it the 4x6s are all you need imho
I'm actually not a fan of rear fill. Guess I'm old school, pre-Dolby guy. Stereo, left, right and a sub. That's it.
But I may still toss a pair in my b-pillar.
People always talk about concert quality sound.....bull ****. Every concert I have gone too sounds like ****. I want a studio quality sound.
Gonna go shake my fists at some innocent clouds now! Lol

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, they should be 4x6s. It's not too horrible to replace them in the rear. Getting those ******* clips out of the slots, that are around the back window is the worst part. Just take your time and think it through. And brute force will break the tabs off of the plastic panels. It was well worth it in my truck as all of the speakers were really destroyed.

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm actually not a fan of rear fill. Guess I'm old school, pre-Dolby guy. Stereo, left, right and a sub. That's it.
But I may still toss a pair in my b-pillar.
People always talk about concert quality sound.....bull ****. Every concert I have gone too sounds like ****. I want a studio quality sound.
Gonna go shake my fists at some innocent clouds now! Lol
^^^^ Hahaha. I think you may be my twin!