$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Finally swapped out the hydroboost today since I was stuck at the house smoking a pork butt. What a job that was for a guy with big ole Chewbacca hands like me, but it’s done.

Initially I couldn’t get the brake lights to work, so after replacing the switch with no improvement, I did a ton of research and found a way to shim the brake light switch and now everything works as it should.

I finally got to drive it again….to the gas station no less

You must be registered for see images attach

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Way back when I swapped the dually rear end into my truck, I didn’t have a tool to unclip the emergency brake cables from this truck or the parts truck, so I simply cut them and zip tied them up so they would be out of site.
The offending clip…

I finally decided this weekend that I want to hook up the e brake cable, but did not want to pay $60 for a tool that I’m positive I would only use once. So I took an old pair of channel locks to work and had one of my mechanics cut a groove in one end (to go over the cable, and then I used a bench grinder to narrow the other jaw.

That worked like a charm!!! Next challenge I faced was trying to get enough slack in the cable to connect them together, I used a pair of vice grips to pull the cable, but I ran out of hands to connect them. So then I grabbed a ratchet strap and hooked onto the vice grip and tried to pull, but it slipped off. So in my infinite wisdom, I slipped the cable through the hook, and clamped the vice grips and was able to pull enough to get it clipped!
Next, I removed the strap and discovered this :doh:

No way in hell am I redoing this, so for today, I used a razor and cut the strap. Future me will go back with a grinder or bolt cutters and remove the hook in the future lol.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Went to the junkyard this morning to chase down some cloth bucket seats in a Tahoe, but of course, they were already long gone. It was already getting hot, so I was just gonna head back to the house when I passed a 97 with a cloth 60/40. I took a look at it, shook my head and continued to leave, halfway out, I went back, cleaned the heavy trash off and sat in it trying to decide if I want to tackle getting it and cleaning it. I went back up front and asked them how much it would be out the door, and finally after more back and forth, decided to pull the trigger. She’s a little rough, but salvageable. I’ll recoup the cost when I sell my GMC grille and the leather buckets and console I currently have in the truck.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Went to the junkyard this morning to chase down some cloth bucket seats in a Tahoe, but of course, they were already long gone. It was already getting hot, so I was just gonna head back to the house when I passed a 97 with a cloth 60/40. I took a look at it, shook my head and continued to leave, halfway out, I went back, cleaned the heavy trash off and sat in it trying to decide if I want to tackle getting it and cleaning it. I went back up front and asked them how much it would be out the door, and finally after more back and forth, decided to pull the trigger. She’s a little rough, but salvageable. I’ll recoup the cost when I sell my GMC grille and the leather buckets and console I currently have in the truck.
This is a good seat, that's what Rawhide has in front and it's very comfortable. A little more "chair height" than the Burb buckets and the upholstery feels better this time of year.
If the yards in your area are like the ones in Houston, yeah, you gotta get in there the first couple days a truck is on the lot, to get goodies. These trucks are well known enough now, that we who have them are having to compete with parts pullers on stuff.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Been doing some deep cleaning on these seats cause they were beyond nasty. I kinda forgot to mention that I also bought rear fabric seats out of a Tahoe too. Anyways, here’s some before and after pictures.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
I realized that I’ve never really posted the interior with the leather seats completely installed. So ironically, I’ll post them now, a couple of days before I pull them and sell them. Better late than never I guess.

Tahoe 2nd row seats are quite easy to fit in and make work for crew cabs. Suburban seats will NOT work though.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I realized that I’ve never really posted the interior with the leather seats completely installed. So ironically, I’ll post them now, a couple of days before I pull them and sell them. Better late than never I guess.

Tahoe 2nd row seats are quite easy to fit in and make work for crew cabs. Suburban seats will NOT work though.
Good to know the difference between the Tahoe and Burb seats. Did you have to make brackets or is it fairly bolt in?
Wish you weren't halfway across the country, those front seats are way better than the ones in my Burb!