$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stuck the door emblems on after a lengthy wash, that’s a lot of truck to wash

I just noticed I forgot to get that tar off of the door when I got done
You must be registered for see images attach
I still think it's crazy my brother and I almost bought this thing for a frame swap. Still glad to see it got revived.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Stuck the door emblems on after a lengthy wash, that’s a lot of truck to wash

I just noticed I forgot to get that tar off of the door when I got done
Yup that's one reason why Rawhide gets a bath when it rains....
I remember washing the Burbs and Dad's '06 Yukon XL Denali. Especially on a black or white truck, you gotta be real thorough cause any mess up or missed spot will show! When we lived in the apartment, they charged for water(so the bill was real high on the months I washed a truck). I'd use a 5 gallon bucket for the soapy water, but it takes so much to rinse....

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Tuesday I was on the interstate to go pick up my daughter from her moms house, when I hit a bump and heard a bang. I looked in my mirrors, turned down the radio to listen and tried to see if I felt anything strange, which I didn’t.

A couple miles down the freeway, I went to switch lanes, and noticed that I could see behind me better than usual. Yep, apparently my tailgate flew open when I hit that bump lmao. I’m ashamed at how long it took me to realize that.

Also couldn’t resist taking a picture of it in a parking lot, I sometimes forget to appreciate what it is now compared to when I bought it.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
I decided to tackle re-sealing the hydroboost this afternoon, I wasn’t bad, but also wasn’t fun lol. I did what @Supercharged111 attempted to do and left it bolted to the firewall. Before going back together with it, I lubed the piston with transmission fluid (poor man’s power steering fluid) so I wouldn’t damage the new seal.

I did however mess up a little, when I put it together the first time, I just slapped it together and didn’t properly hook the rod in, so the pedal sucked to the floor when it was running, and came up when I killed the engine. I pulled it back apart and hooked the rod in correctly and it worked like a charm.

I intended to take more pics, but I quickly ran out of hands…

Tore apart

Found the tear in the seal…

Attachments

• IMG_7136.jpeg
    IMG_7136.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 2

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I had to change mine. It was leaking out the back and down the inside firewall.
I still have it along with a complete rebuild kit if i ever need again.
Yeah, when it went out on my truck, blew the main seals and dumped fluid all over the place and made a big puddle in the street....you do not realize how much power assistance helps with steering one of these big boys at low speed...till you gotta do it.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
So, guess what? Just like almost everyone else that I’ve seen attempt to reseal the hydroboost, mine leaked worse than ever afterwards smh.

Started tearing down a little today to attempt to swap the new one in.

If anyone has any tips on removing that damn brass keeper on the brake pedal rod, I’m all ears