6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Well hell, I was just about done chasing away the temptation of putting a 4 to 6" kit on my 96; cheapest one I found was $1,300 from SuperLift, but with Rough Country working on designing a lift for OBS HD trucks, I'm real tempted now....

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Haha I agree! I'm hoping to have a crew cab short bed in the family soon. Dad is looking for a truck and I told him about one that I know about. The guy is wanting to sell it because his daughter is getting her license soon and wants a jeep.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
Is it the white one? I remember reading something about it in another thread!

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Well hell, I was just about done chasing away the temptation of putting a 4 to 6" kit on my 96; cheapest one I found was $1,300 from SuperLift, but with Rough Country working on designing a lift for OBS HD trucks, I'm real tempted now....
So I went to Rough Country's site and did a live chat. The guy said it was gonna hit the market soon! Told me to check back mid Feb. He said the kit should be around $1100-1200. I promptly told him my truck was available for R&D if they wanted to send me a kit to try out! But I got shot down! Can't blame a guy for trying though!

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it the white one? I remember reading something about it in another thread!
Yes it is! If things go well and dad buys it, I'm going to buy it from dad in a year or so after I save up enough after college. I plan on building a 6.0 for it and doing a lot of modifications. I'll keep the suburban pretty much the way it is now with the exception of a l33 later possibly just as a daily driver.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Yes it is! If things go well and dad buys it, I'm going to buy it from dad in a year or so after I save up enough after college. I plan on building a 6.0 for it and doing a lot of modifications. I'll keep the suburban pretty much the way it is now with the exception of a l33 later possibly just as a daily driver.

Awesome! It took me a year to track down mine. Every one I looked at was either beat to s**t or rusty as hell! I finally found one worth buying, but had to drive 3hrs to get it. The color also sucked! So I painted it! 6.0 is the best thing I could've done for my truck! I love it! I also love your Burb! I just recently sold my 97 GMC Burb. Idiot I know. But eight vehicles to keep tag/insurance on was getting old! I need to sell a couple more! Lol!

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Awesome! It took me a year to track down mine. Every one I looked at was either beat to s**t or rusty as hell! I finally found one worth buying, but had to drive 3hrs to get it. The color also sucked! So I painted it! 6.0 is the best thing I could've done for my truck! I love it! I also love your Burb! I just recently sold my 97 GMC Burb. Idiot I know. But eight vehicles to keep tag/insurance on was getting old! I need to sell a couple more! Lol!

I looked at 3 or 4 Crew cabs when I was hunting for a new truck; a couple of clean 99s with 350s, a beat one with a 454, and one with a 6.5! Not to mention a slew of ECSB/LB trucks,

Where did your Burb wind up? I swore I saw one just like it the other day in Salisbury; at least it looked like yours from the blurry picture you had posted.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I looked at 3 or 4 Crew cabs when I was hunting for a new truck; a couple of clean 99s with 350s, a beat one with a 454, and one with a 6.5! Not to mention a slew of ECSB/LB trucks,

Where did your Burb wind up? I swore I saw one just like it the other day in Salisbury; at least it looked like yours from the blurry picture you had posted.
I sold it to a buddy I used to work with. He lives in Henrietta, just the other side of town from me. I put the stock wheels back on before he got it. I really want it back! It's only been two weeks and I'm looking for another one! I have a disease! Lol!

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I sold it to a buddy I used to work with. He lives in Henrietta, just the other side of town from me. I put the stock wheels back on before he got it. I really want it back! It's only been two weeks and I'm looking for another one! I have a disease! Lol!
Can't go wrong with a suburban! I love mine even though it's showing age haha.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And thank you!

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I should have taken some more pics of the Burb, but I never thought too! I bought it for $700 with a bad motor and tranny! Got drug 150 miles behind a camper, IN GEAR! Inside was damn near mint! It is an LT with all the goodies. I painted the top and hood last summer. My buddy has several grandkids he likes to haul around so he finally conned me out of it. I'm down to one Burb now, the wifey's 02.