5/7 static drop questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I already have the truck lowered 2/4 and its a daily driver but I wanna go lower. Would anyone recommend doing 5/7 on a dd? What size of tires are you guys running on your stock 15" rims lowered 5/7 and anyone with 20's what size of rubber are you guys running???

Laydout98

Reaction score
If you want to go lower I would do a 4/6 drop. Im bagged in the front but just lowered in the back with a 8" drop (6" flip kit with 2" shackles) and it rides like **** the rear diff hits the bed if you hit a kinda big bump. The only reason I haven't changed it is because I'm about to bag the back. Im running 20s and 22's but my 20s tire size is a 255/35/20 its a pretty good tire size for the front.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
I lowered my ext cab 5/8 and used it as a daily. In the rear I used a flip kit and shackles with a bolt on notch but I also notched the bed support to ensure no bottoming out. If your going to run 15s you will have to trim a little off your control arms. I didn't have any problems rubbing or bottoming out with stock wheels or when I had my 245/35/20.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys but I actually found a thread on gmfullsize that answered alot of my questions....thanks tho for your replies

turner-zj

Reaction score
post up that thread that you found on gmfullsize please. I'm probably looking for the same info you are.