5.7 carb or 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
Try driving that 800 hp vette on the streets without traction control. Now toss in a car on one side of you, another in front, another in back - and a guardrail for that "boxed in" effect. Add a light dusting of rain on the road. It gets interesting trying to keep the vehicle going in a straight line when you have lots of power and no technology controlling it. Power is fun, but a daily driver needs to be driveable. A 400+ hp truck is going to be a bit of a handful in the same circumstances. Even a GTO has traction control to make the vehicle "civilized".

X2 been there in a truck and it's not fun. There has to be point where your project needs to turn into a toy not a DD..

DieselPower

Reaction score
X2 been there in a truck and it's not fun. There has to be point where your project needs to turn into a toy not a DD..
And you probably duplicated my expenses creating a vehicle that did not do what you had hoped it would. I had "viper-like" speed and handling (the brakes and suspension were seriously upgraded as well), but it was a lousy vehicle for my 35 mile commute when the weather was anything less than perfect. I won't make that mistake again and would suggest others that are trying to make a fun vehicle for daily driving think through their project more thoroughly than I did. It sure was a fun toy though!

My current GMT400 projects include a couple of RC stepsides, one stock with a 350/5 spd - it'll be a daily driver, and another similar model that's getting a transplanted 6.2 (diesel) + turbo put behind the 5 spd. That one will be a toy, with stacks on it and I'll most likely run it on WVO. Neither will be screaming hotrods, but they will get out of their own way.

ls>lt

Reaction score
u ever think about both of ur title? carbed 5.3? you can make good power out of a 5.3 with some work and simplify by swapping it to carbed. edelbrock makes the conversion kit and msd 6010 to run the coil on plug.