Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
id say if i swap Ill get a 6.0 with the 4l80 if im gonna drop the coin might as well go big and will get built up before it gets dropped in as well. I thought this a decent buy and thats why i posted it up.I doubt I swap anytime soon my motor only has 11k on it and runs great. I am thinking about going through it this winter adding vortech heads after I take em to get port n polish cam intake and all new gaskets. the intake and heads will mainly be because its apart already may as well beef it up a lil. oh also tbi mods and prob a chip. According to a few people Ill have to put in a stahl when i cam it

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
damn thanks man if i can score something like that I may end up better in the long run

you bet. lots of budget friendly options with these. im gonna have mine bored and use an ls1 rotating assembly. im just gonna port the 5.3 heads and do a mild cam

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can get a set of ls1 heads (241's) for like $200 with springs. Then edelbrock intake and a carb, with msd box (~$750), and a cam and you are good to go. 400RWHP & 20MPG. You'll need something serious to wipe the grin off your face though :)

pardon my ignorance but what carb can you get NEW that will produce 20 mpg in a 400RWHP truck?