4low strong enough for racing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
Yeah when I built the engine I was planning on retaining some street driveability but it's strictly off-road now. I might swap the cam in truck later.

I can't move the battery or fuel tank without getting bumped up in class. What are box side skins?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
Will it hurt rubber you think? That was pretty freaking awesome.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Likely not, It's more like a paint than anything. You may have to purchase several kits since you're going to try and coat the surfaces of 4 mud grips. You're trailoring it right? So it likely will not wear off as quickly.

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
Yeah I definitely haul it on the trailer now.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
My truck in the sig will top out at about 80kph in 4lo. It gets there very fast. It held up to a 100km drive in 4low in the winter at about those speeds, I would think you would be ok.. until it breaks it would definately compensate for your gearing, you should be able to get the tires spinning plenty for cleaning out.

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I decided to go ahead and do the gears. I dropped the front off at the shop while I had it out for the lift kit and now I just have to finish the lift and tranny swap so I can take it in and get the rear done. I went with 4:56