4l60e corvette servo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itst9

Reaction score
Random part question.
I was able to finally get my corvette servo installed yesterday. Everything went just like a text book example removing and replacing the parts. The only problem I ran into was when i went to reinstall everything back into the transmission. As I crawled under my truck I noticed a small round spacer that is hollow and cone shaped (shown in picture). Observing the part I could not find a logical place for the part to fit and did not see it in writeup or any videos of other people doing the install:uhoh2:. Not wanting to add extra parts I buttoned the tranny back up and so far it seems to be shifting like normal through all gears and acting as claimed with a firm shift on 2nd and 4th gear. Does anyone know what this part is or where it goes? It looks to be the same aluminum material as the servo plates but dosen't fit anywhere which concerns me because i never have leftover parts. But then again I am no transmission man. Thanks for any ideas guys.

Attachments

• Unknown part..jpg
    Unknown part..jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 45

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Random part question.
I was able to finally get my corvette servo installed yesterday. Everything went just like a text book example removing and replacing the parts. The only problem I ran into was when i went to reinstall everything back into the transmission. As I crawled under my truck I noticed a small round spacer that is hollow and cone shaped (shown in picture). Observing the part I could not find a logical place for the part to fit and did not see it in writeup or any videos of other people doing the install:uhoh2:. Not wanting to add extra parts I buttoned the tranny back up and so far it seems to be shifting like normal through all gears and acting as claimed with a firm shift on 2nd and 4th gear. Does anyone know what this part is or where it goes? It looks to be the same aluminum material as the servo plates but dosen't fit anywhere which concerns me because i never have leftover parts. But then again I am no transmission man. Thanks for any ideas guys.

that looks like a part from a compression fitting. Nothing to do with the servo.

itst9

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm relieved that part was not needed. Upon further inspection 91Bluestreak is correct and that is a 3/8" compression fitting.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SK 4L60E 4L65E TRANSGO SHIFT KIT®, 1993 -2005
EBAY .Item number: 320657770430
SK 4L60E 4L65E TRANSGO SHIFT KIT®, 1993 -2005
Item condition: New
US $39.90 Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now
Hey guys look at this item what do you guys think might it be a good item to buy for our trucks?
I have a B&M shift kit DON'T buy one didn't do nothing the Jet dealy I have that increases line pressure does a little I want a second gear chirp. HELP??

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I've heard that the TransGo HD2 shift kits for our trucks are a great improvement, but I'm not sure which one you posted

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard that the TransGo HD2 shift kits for our trucks are a great improvement, but I'm not sure which one you posted

If you go to ebay and view the item number I listed you can see it now other sellers are selling kits for $87.00 dollars and this one is much cheaper im wondering if it does the same thing as the ones that cost more. Anyone???????

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The SK kit is like a JR kit.. It corrects some of the problems that cause failure in stock vehicles. You probably wouldn't notice much difference installing one performance wise, but they do hold up better with it. We put them in every rebuild. The blue box kit is more for performance. It firms the shifts, fully manual or automatic, It is for more of racing, towing, or off roading. I did two of these this week. Very good kits. Both kits are good, both serve different purpose.