4l60e corvette servo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJKZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i think i am settling on the corvette servo, as well as the sonnax 4th/OD billet servo. same set up as am92 is running. Im thinking about getting a shift kit as well. would all of this work?

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is the same servo set up I will be installing with one of rhinos stalls when I can find time and order one.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
so i think i am settling on the corvette servo, as well as the sonnax 4th/OD billet servo. same set up as am92 is running. Im thinking about getting a shift kit as well. would all of this work?
Yep, a shift kit will work fine with both of those

itst9

Reaction score
Saw this and was curious if this link is the correct shift servo.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CORVETTE-SE...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eb7ca6768

I have also read on here that the bad thing when installing a shift kit or servo is that if you have a stock Sun Shell you can break it and mess up your Trans.
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?6648-Longer-pin-for-servo

Also some have burned up their transmissions due to an improper install. I dont know how credible this is as im no transmission expert but am a little hesitant because this is my DD.

I am really considering doing this since I pull trailers now and then, nothing too heavy though but there are some steep grades here in Colorado.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
That link is the right one and I wouldn't be worried about breaking your sunshell by using the vette servo. The corvette did come with it factory installed after all. The reason people have burned up transmissions is because the replace the pin with ine that is too long. This means that the band will always have some pressure applied so it wears out very quickly. If you use your stock pin and do everything carefully you should have nothing to worry about

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
How hard is it to changes the 4th servo? i've read that vette servo can be done in under an hour with minimal tools and little skill. is the 4th servo the same? are there other reccomended mods that can be done without droping the trans?

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I smooth didn't see it ha. Transmission's are just like anything else. "speed cost money, how fast you wanna go?" As far as servo's, I have used them all, I sell them all, I just like everyone else have my preference. Most of what I sell is the Super servo. My honest opinion, is that if your transmission is fine, no slip shifts good, I wouldn't change to a vette servo. It's just not that much of a difference. We do put them in on every stock rebuild we do, its one of the many upgrades though. If you want to upgrade, go to either the sonnax or superior servo. As far as the shell??? That's a good point. The reason on shell's breaking is definitely not the pin length. When you are doing just about any upgrade, most folks "try it out". The shell's break for 2 reasons. REV to Drive without stopping, or hitting a hard 3-2 downshift. Driving along at 40 in 3rd, floor it, it kicks down hard. Well that shell is spline into the 2nd gear drum that the band wraps around. When the band is not applied in 3 gear, the sunshell is turning. You kick down to second, it comes to a sudden halt. The 700R4 has had the same sunshell in it since 1984. They really didn't start breaking until the vortec engines. The shell's just couldn't handle it.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Heezus, the 4th servo is even easier to swap out than the 2nd. You just pull the cover off and take the 4th apply piston out and then with the sonnax put the supplied washer over the pin and install the one-piece 4th piston/cover

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanx for clearing that up rhino... Again do kno much about the tranny game but trying to learn sumthing new plus cheap upgrades are always kool..!