40's on IFS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol good, idc what people say about it. all I'm asking for was what wears out fastest on ifs set ups

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
all of you want the retarded leaf spring lifts when those ride like ****. it's my daily driver so it would not ever get leaf springs placed in the front. coil overs or it wouldn't happen
My truck doesn't ride like ****. I have springs in the front. It actually rides better than the ifs did.
I'm running 8" skyjacker soft rides on mine. You buy cheap springs, or run retarded amount of lift, it will ride like ****.
As for price, I have about $4500 into the front of mine. To me, doing the swap was easier than doing an ifs lift. As for running 40's on ifs, I wouldn't suggest it. I don't care if you have a 2500. You will be changing out tie rods, pitman, idler, and ball joints every 6 months. I had 37" toyo s on mine years ago when it was still ifs and couldn't keep **** together.toyos are heavy tires. I ran 37" irok radials for 3 years before I ripped out the ifs and it held up better due them being a lighter tire.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Everything.

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

Just what I was about to type. lol

I've never done an SFA swap myself, but I've done plenty of IFS lifts and worked on a ton of SFA trucks. The idea of an SFA truck "riding and driving like ****" really isn't truck. You can make a proper SFA ride & drive much better than any IFS lift - not to mention it will be much more capable (and reliable!) than IFS. Also, I know it's personal preference.. But I just hate the looks of a huge IFS lift.... Looks so cluttered up with all that stuff hanging down.
I've worked on plenty of IFS lifts... And they always came back to the shop for CV axles, ball joints, idler & pitman arms, etc... No matter what brand/size they were.

That's just my unbiased opinion based on personal experience, if you are sold on IFS lift than more power to you.

Is it wrong that I'm enjoying the gas mileage of my wife's civic?

That's why I drive the wheels off our Cruze whenever mine is out of town for work. I love it. LOL

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
It wouldn't cost 15K to build a good 4-link suspension,

You could run airbags?
You must be registered for see images attach

Feel free to go to Pirate4x4 and look through the Ghetto Fab/Hack Job thread for ideas.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I honestly couldn't care about the negative opinions, I wasn't asking for ******* comments saying do an SAS when I said I don't want to. I'm not going to a dumb hillbilly to get a SAS done on my truck so why don't you actually go to a fab shop and get a price. if they did an SAS for $2K that you could do yourself they wouldn't be making any money. I said I don't want to do an SAS because I want it done right and that means $15k that I don't want to spend right now. so yeah, before you try arguing with me why don't you actually look up the prices yourself you ignorant ****. it'd be more helpful to keep ignorant comments to yourself and actually answer what was being asked.

Could save a lot of money getting a 6" lift, 35s and rims, and still be practical to drive daily, bigger is not always better, lift kits are not that hard to install either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
With 40's you'll probably shear an axle or CV shaft before any of the front end/steering/suspension parts break.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It wouldn't cost 15K to build a good 4-link suspension,

You could run airbags?
You must be registered for see images attach

Feel free to go to Pirate4x4 and look through the Ghetto Fab/Hack Job thread for ideas.
That is quite the 2wd pile O' poo!